En Hakkore

773-772-9880

1840 N Damen Ave, Chicago, Illinois, USA, 60647

Serves meat, vegan options available. Known mostly for bibim-bap bowl, which you could request veg, without egg, without kimbhi (contains fish sauce), and substitute sauteed tofu. The paratha tacos (with tofu) are vegetarian but not vegan.

Categories: Ovo, Japanese, Take-out, Korean, Non-veg

First Review by makemenervous

Just okay - Edit

Not my favorite bibimbap. I feel like it was too crunchy or something. Too many vegetables that weren’t seasoned. I think it’s better at Crisp in lakeview. Or at the little place in Joongboo, but that’s a way different atmosphere.

Addictive bibimbap! - Edit

I am addicted to this place. Stumbled upon it randomly one day a few months back and have been there religiously since. I was vegetarian when I first started going, and have since been vegan. This has never been a problem because they are very attentive to your needs. I order the veggie bimbimbap with tofu, no egg or kimchi (fish sauce). My husband is vegetarian and loves the tofu paratha tacos that are always on special. There may be limited vegan options, but that hasn't stopped me from getting the same thing every time we go because it is that good (it's all about the sauce!!)

The service is quick and the staff is accommodating. Even pick-up is fast! Can't recommend this place enough.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday January 20, 2015

Pros: vegan friendly, fast service, counter service

Cons: needs more vegan options

Return to Chicago Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has En Hakkore closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.