Emmy's Vege House

Contact 206-855-2996

100 Winslow Way West (at downtown Winslow), Bainbridge Island, Washington, USA, 98110

Take-out vegetarian restaurant on Winslow's main strip. Dishes are made from vegetables and soy protein. Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-7:30pm, Sat 11:00am-7:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Chinese, Fast food, Vietnamese, Take-out only

First Review by maynard7

so it is great that there is a vegan restaurant here... - Edit

But it could be better. Big menu but items seem pretty similar. Kind of reminded me of mall Chinese food. Greasy. The potstickers were not good. My daughter had "chicken" strips and liked them though.

Pros: location, location, location, vegan!

Cons: only seating is outdoor, cash only, limited selection

Well, at least everything is vegan - Edit

The only good news: it's all vegan.

We had the potstickers, the duck, fried rice with kebob and curry soup. The fried rice didn't seem fried, just rice tossed with sauce. (The kebob seemed to be made of seitan, to answer a precious reviewer's question). The curry soup was pretty bland. My husband says the potstickers were horrible. The duck was greasy and bland.

Pros: It's all vegan., Bainbridge Island is pretty., Pleasant service.

Cons: Food is bland and greasy., Outdoor seating or takeout only.

Ehhhh not good - Edit

A nice outdoor seating place but the food is not very good at all. I asked the cook what the "kebob" was made from and she told me "tempeh" but then another customer asked too and she said "vegetables". When I got the kebob, it was neither 😑 - really didn't taste good either. Disappointed in this place and I would NOT recommend.

Pros: Outdoor patio

Cons: They don't know what they are serving., They do not speak English.

Wow, what a suprise. - Edit

10 years ago we were traveling around the Seattle area and were staying on Brigandage Isl. It is like a kiosk with tables around it (at least it was). The food was delicious. Lots of fresh ingredients and great attention paid to the preparation. I had Pad Kee Mao and my girlfriend had Pad See Ew. They were both delicious.

Cheap and Yummy - Edit

I eat their food all the time- you can call ahead and order for quick pick-up, or wait for a few minutes while they make the food (they are speedy). The food is not exactly fresh-cut-vegetables, but everything is vegan, and it fills you up at a very reasonable price. I always order #5, and I think it is only $6. Their thai iced tea is good, their kebabs are good, their fried rice is good. Very nice and friendly owners.

Pros: vegan, cheap, tasty

Cons: I don't know if it's organic

All the locals love Emmys - Edit

Our family has been eating at Emmys for about 10 years. Everything is vegan and her portions are large and a good value. Try her specials for more spicy options -- I love her number 10 salad and her lotus root salad with brown rice.

Pros: value and price, vegan all vegan!

Cons: no inside seating

Excellent, affordable vegan food on Bainbridge - Edit

Emmy's small booth provides a lot of taste and character to the island. Friendly staff, good selection and affordable prices.

Pros: excellent food, good value, friendly staff

Cons: cold during winter

Cute little beat up kitchen serving veggie food - Edit

I have only eaten here once and it was during the lunch rush on Friday, and next time I am on Bainbridge Island I plan on stoping bye again. I had the tofu and eggplant with brown rice, number 11 and my wife had the number 7 the noodles and spring rolls which my daughter shared. We also had the mango drink for a buck. It is nice to eat at a veggie place, so that was great not to see meat or egg or milk products on the menu. The outside seating I thought was very nice, granted if it was cold and rainy might not be nice, but in the summer it was very nice. This is deffinately the place to stop off if you are in the area and are hungry, portions are on the slightly large side and prices I thought were comperable. I found our food to be rather oily, next time we'll ask for less oil or find other dishes that aren't so oily. This is my complaint at most Asian restaurants I go to, so I don't think that they are much off the norm on this account. My wife didn't feel that good after eating, but honestly I don't think the food was to blaim, she didn't really eat much. Over all I would say that as veggie Chinese food goes it's not bad, it is nice to know that there is no meat here and I know that they were rather rushed, so I'm sure the food is at times much better. I will definately go here again and check out some of the many other veggie options.

Pros: good veggie menu, in good weather outside seating is great

Cons: on par greasy chinese food, in bad weather outside is not good

Friendly folks & Tasty food! - Edit

Emmy's Vege House offers the best food I have had on the Olympic Peninsula, has reasonable prices (avergage entree $7-9) for the area it is in and is very convenient if you are en route to/from the ferry to Seattle. The quiet town of Winslow offers a pleasant, quick escape (and easily car-free!) from Seattle and Emmy's makes it all the better of an option for veg folks!

Pros: Tasty food, Good portion sizes, Friendly staff

Cons: Outdoor seating could be windy or wet, Not cheap (but not too bad)

My favorite! - Edit

I'm sad to hear the reviews of those who were disappointed with Emmy's. Everyone on Bainbridge loves it--even non-vegetarians. I've never thought it was bland at all, but if you're looking for something spicy or particulary flavorful, you should try one of the "specials." I love the sweet and sour "chicken" and their curries. Whether you're looking for a simple vegetarian meal or something slightly more flavorful, Emmy's is fabulous! They have big portions which are great for taking home, too.

Pros: cheap, fast, delicious

Cons: no indoor seating

Mediocre food - Edit

I was in the area on vacation, and this was the only veggie option I found on the island. It was basically a stir fry with tofu and veggies with brown rice. The food had very little flavor, and I wish they had spiced it up a bit. The portions are very large, but I would have preferred less food, but more flavorful food. You can eat there on the outside benches, or you can take it to go (maybe for the ferry ride back to Seattle). I think I would rather wait and eat at one of the places in Seattle if I had time.

Pros: Prices, Brown rice

Cons: Nearly flavorless

Really oily. - Edit

My husband and I visited Bainbridge Island over the fourth of July holiday, and the island itself was lovely. Unfortunately, there are not a lot of vegetarian options at the local restaurants. So after checking out everything else in the downtown area, we ended up getting take out at Emmy's. I got the veggie protein kebab with brown rice and vegetables. All of it was really oily, and the veggie protein tasted strange and overly salty. My husband got tofu, veggies, and brown rice. The tofu was similar to silken tofu, which is much too liquidy for a stir-fry. He threw most of his away also and said it was very bland. We ended up going to the nearby grocery store instead and having fresh fruit, veggies, and a baguette.

Pros: Cheap

Cons: Oily, Salty

Return to Bainbridge Island Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Emmy's Vege House closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3655 times since Aug 2007.