CLOSED: Emma's Food For Life

570-374-0178

11 S Market St (at W Pine St ), Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA, 17870

Serves meat, vegan options available. Serves fresh food made from local ingredients, including some organic. Reported closed, Sep 2017.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by theragingscotsman

Worst Meal Ever - Edit

We had a terrible experience at Emma's Food (which will take your) Life. It was Parent's weekend at SU, and we had reservations for 6:00 which was good because it took 2 1/2 hours to be served. The flute was awful, and we should have left right then. We were seated promptly, but then ignored for twenty minutes. Except for the flute playing 'Ol Man River', that was the best part of the dinner. The only reason we could think of as to why service became slower and slower was they did not cook enough brown rice and started a new batch after we ordered. They did offer us two desserts on the house for our table of six. Two good things: water was refilled often, and my ex was paying.

Pros: water service, vegan/veg choices

Cons: SERVICE, Music , actual taste of the food

Heaven on Your Plate! - Edit

1 friend
13 reviews

Buddha B.
"You are what you think"
Oak Forest, IL

5.0 star rating
5/13/2013

Emma's is LOVE! In PA visiting Penn State (WE ARE- PENN STATE!) for wife's graduation. Stayed in B&B in SElinsgrove, saw Emma's and made a mad dash! Wife had the Cajun seared Salmon- gave me a taste- WOWSERS! Fabulously done to a 'T'. My Grass-fed Olive Tapenade burger on spent grain bun kicked my beef-o-meter into HIGH GEAR- the GRASS-FED BEEF taste ROCKS! The Olive Tapenade was supportive w/o being overpowering- on a perfectly done burger (medium rare). Spent grain is way-yy softer and nuttier tasting than any other bread I'd had until then. I wish I would never have to eat another burger other than Emma's!

This gem is very much worth the 60-mile drive from State College, PA home of Penn State (PSU). Of course, we were already STAYING in Selinsgrove, and if Emma's wasn't closed Sunday's and Monday's we would have raided her kitchen yet again. Alas, that will have to wait until the fall when we return for our visit to Gettysburg.

Pros: Priced right, Organic, Omnivores welcome!

Cons: Too far away from us!, Closed Sundays and Mondays : (

a real treat! - Edit

Emma's is a true dining experience! The food is amazing and even before i sat down i felt right at home. The meals are reasonably priced and i left full and extremely satisfied! Emma's is a real treat!

Emma Renninger 31 Mar 2011 - Thank you! Our goal is to make people feel comfortable and at home while they enjoy great local food.

Has CLOSED: Emma's Food For Life closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.