Emma Pea Vegetarian Food and Bar

• Friend
Contact 015788440290

Revaler Strasse 99, Berlin, Germany, 10245

Cafe and bar next to Cassiopeia offers daily changing vegetarian and vegan food. Makes wraps, falafel, small potatoes with spicy sauces, tapas, and cakes. Mon-Thu 5:00pm-11:00pm, Fri 4:00pm-12:00am, Sat 3:00pm-12:00am, Sun 1:00pm-11:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, International, Beer/Wine

First Review by

Wunderbar! - Edit

We visited in August as part of a week-long stay in Berlin. We absolutely loved the location of Emma Pea, surrounded by amazing creativity, artwork, bars and nightclubs. From the outside the area looks almost derelict but venture off the main road and you're rewarded with a super-cool place to spend the night.

I ordered the vegan burrito and it was lovely, as were the chips. There's a bar right next door playing decent house/techno, but of course, it's Berlin, right?!

Although we always try and at least attempt to speak the native language whenever we travel, all of the staff spoke perfect English.

Pros: Cool location, English-speaking staff, Chilled out atmosphere

Cons: Location may not be for everyone

Burrito brilliance - Edit

I've been here several times for their Mexican themed menu and have never been disappointed. Very filling, so value for money is there. I have had one of their special curries before, which was equally delicious. Just make everything vegan goddammit!

Pros: Fast, Relatively healthy junk food fulfillment, Value for money

Cons: Stark atmosphere - can't chill in there really, Not 100% vegan even though it would be an easy cha, Unnecessary soya mince in the chilli (personal)

yummy food and chill atmosphere - Edit

This place does really good reasonably priced food, most of which is vegan. I had the Indian curry and my friends has the burger - all of which were good. Their cake looks really nice too. Great atmosphere, friendly bilingual staff, and prompt service. Good location too, highly recommended

Pros: staff, atmosphere, food is delicious

Cons: a bit confusing about what is vegan sometimes, opens quite late

So good we came back - Edit

Been here twice now, the second time we brought the family when they were visiting and they all really loved the food (they are vegetarian/meat eaters). The burger was delish and although it cost €9.50 you do get a lot of wedges and sauces. The first time I had a quesadilla which was also nice but quite a small serving. Loved sitting outside on the decking too watching people go by.

Pros: Very tasty, Outdoor seating

Nice curry - not everything is vegan - Edit

Not a posh place, but friendly and the Cambodian amok curry is good. Portion size is sufficient as the coconut milk is filling.

Be careful as although they call it vegan street food, and the word vegan is all over the place, they serve cheese and cows' milk and there is a 20 cent surcharge for soya milk in the coffee and chai.

Price for the curry was 6.80, so cheapish but not really cheap for Berlin.

Pros: Tasty curry, Quick and friendly servics

Cons: Surcharge for soya milk, Not a vegan place, despite the name.

Vegetarian or Vegan? - Edit

Being called the 'Emma Pea Vegan Food and Bar' we assumed that it was exclusively vegan and even the prices would have suggested so. However I would say that this place is 90% vegetarian, with the rest being vegan. It did say cheese on the menu, but I suppose we stupidly thought it was vegan cheese, as nearly everything had cheese with it. We have certainly learnt our lesson, double check and don't be so naive (we are newly 6 month vegans, so we are still learning). The staff were friendly, the location is great. I do believe that this place can improve. As a vegan, I would go back if they make a few changes.

Pros: Friendly staff, Location, Nicely presented

Cons: vegetarian or vegan? Need to be clearer, small portion

great site with good burritos - Edit

Sitting right in the middle of what makes up for most of Frierichshain reputation and showing the best side of it, here are wraps, burritos and similar on offer. Very friendly people, very laid back atmosphere. Enter the complex off the street and look for a little balcony, there's the entrance.
Food was good and reasonably priced. Could easily eat there again.

Pros: perfect F-Hain setting, a little post-apocalyptic :-)

Yummy burritos! - Edit

Really cool little place surrounded by bars, music venues, a climbing wall and skate park! We discovered this place while on a Fat Tyre Bike Tour - the menu is simple but everything is freshly prepared and delicious. They can make anything on the menu vegan. Really friendly staff.

Used to be excellent, now lost it's charm - Edit

UPDATE: unfortunately their old concept didn't pay off. So they simplified the menu (no creative main dishes anymore) and also replaced their nice old tables with new ones. I am a bit sad about this. The rest of the food could be still excellent.

Pros: cool location, open till late night

Cons: no raw food

a true and pure gem - Edit

I first couldn't find it at first but I'm glad I finally did.
I had the quesadillas and a cake for dessert.
Make sure to try the mango ginger sauce. I could have drank litres of it - literally
Apart from that the staff is super friendly and the interior is beautiful, too!

Pros: Absolutely delicious , Superb location and service

Nice Bar and Food - Edit

Great place for late night snack with drinks since they are open till very late. Can be difficult to find though.. From the street, you have to go inside the gate into a dark large ground area where there are bar/club/rock climbing place and then turn left. Several vegan options such as tasty burritos, toastada (more like a thin pizza?), soups and sweets.

Pros: Open till late, tasty

Cons: Difficult to find, a little loud

Hidden and surprising pearl - Edit

The place was a bit hard to find for us who have never been here before. Surrounding environment was wonderful with little details ( such as a wall painting of Darth Vader holding a paint roller and referring to Banksy). Atmospheric and dusky place with candles and just a few tables which made it peaceful. More tables outside on both sides of terraces. We ordered the Rohkost zucchini linguini (which resembled a volcano) and the portion was really tasty and stomach-filling. A true hidden gem. Sheep furs were creepy and decreased comformity. Bathroom was not in a cool and decent way.

Unbeatable - Edit

My favorite place in Berlin. Delicious food, amazing staff and lovely atmosphere. The food is cheap and filling and super tasty. A friend and I were staying nearby, and ate here almost every day. Incredibly warm and friendly staff, who seem to get along with every customer who walks in the door. We're already planning our next visit to Berlin just to eat some more of their vegan cakes!

Cool spot - Edit

Bumped in to this place by chance whilst exploring the R.A.W area by the railway....it's a bit hard to find if you're not a brave person! You will see Veganz supermarket on your left across the street...there are some metal stairs that appear to go down into an open/run down/graffiti area next to the railway. If you walk into this area and just keep following it down along the railway, you'll find pop-up shops, climbing, indoor skate park, bars and Emma's place. It's in a a railway carriage- fantastic atmosphere and extensive menu. We came here late so just grabbed drinks and a vegan chilli but it was good and the place was busy, so they must be doing things right :) They had vegan cakes on offer at the time.

Pros: atmosphere, cool location

Cons: hard to find

Yummy Burritos - Edit

This place is awesome: good food, friendly staff and cozy atmosphere. We ordered vegan burritos. The portion was goood, and it was some tasty burritos. If you tell them you want vegan, it's no problem they will make you a vegan version. The desserts were also good. We had the cherry poppy seed crumble cake that was excellent. We will defintely return. Oh, and they have an excellent beer on tap, the Andescher. It's one tasty beer.

Pros: Good value, Excellent food, Friendly staff

Cons: Limited seatings

Great food, great atmosphere - Edit

Tried this restaurant for the first time recently, and I really enjoyed it.

I could not figure out how to know which items on the menu were vegan (no star or V or anything), so I just had to ask. I got the Malaysian curry with Rice, and it was amazing. Very good flavor, great ingredients. This was the most expensive item on the menu, 7,20€, but definitely worth it.

I would definitely go here again.

Pros: All veg

Cons: Vegan items not clearly labeled

Good spot - Edit

This is one of those places where the food quality varies so widely depending on who's cooking. Sometimes it's great tasting and a generous size, other times it's bland and tiny.

The menu changes regularly and is pretty creative. Not all the dishes work perfectly, but I like their attitude towards keeping things interesting.

The Gemüse wrap - which is always on the menu - is a good, solid option with plenty of fresh vegetables for a good price. I think it's about 3,50€ if my memory serves me correct.

They are always open pretty late, which is great. A good option in the area when other restaurants are closed.

losthighway I've got to update my review because they now serve the best vegan burger I've ever had in Berlin.
At 8,50€ it's not cheap, but it's so worth it.

It's a beetroot patty on freshly baked bread with chipotle mayo, rucola, and caramelized onions with a side of wedges. Everything from the patty to the bread is made fresh in the kitchen.

The other food has been of a consistently higher quality the last few times I've been there too. The prices have also been raised, but IMO it's worth it.

Unfortunately I've been told the kitchen now closes at midnight, which is a damn shame.

Hardcore hidden gem. - Edit

Okay, fortune favours the bold, so don't be afraid to stride into the warehouse district that hides Emma Pea from the street. The reviews on here didn't really highlight how unique this little cafe/bar is at all, so I'm really glad we managed to find it.

The menus are written in English, the beers served cold and the atmosphere is great. It's a small, candlelit cafe with a graffiti-daubed bathroom and a separate late night bar. It's poky and intimate, with cheap and hearty Mexican-inspired cuisine. I also had a vegan slip up though - my burrito came with sour cream instead of guac. Not the end of the world and I normally wouldn't bother to flag something like this as the sour cream was served in a separate pot. I only mention it as another reviewer also had a problem with dairy sneaking its way onto her plate, so I suggest vegans be vocal about the fact, even if they're ordering a vegan dish.

Pros: cheap, great atmosphere, awesome interior

Cons: limited menu, limited seating, vegan slip ups

Small bistro with a Spanish flavour - Edit

This small place with some outdoor seating is not easily found unless you know your way around the R.A.W. area in Revaler Straße. If you are a tourist: the R.A.W. is "very Berlin", lots to see of the younger and more colourful side of town.
The place offers a relatively small selection of tapas, vegetable wraps, and changing main dishes, mostly vegetarian with vegan options.
Tapas and Wrap were tasty, a serving of Gnocchi as well, staff was very friendly and not at all times well-informed about the ingredients of the dishes on their menu.
We ended up with gnocchi we explicitly requested to be vegan that were generously sprinkled with parmesan cheese.
Food is fine and cheap, just always make sure that they know that you are vegan and that cheese is made from milk ;-)

Pros: cheap, colourful, good food

Cons: vegan options not clearly marked

great late-night vegan food! - Edit

I stepped out of the climbing gym when I noticed this small restaurant. It has a cute style matching the location and the food was excellent! I might have never eaten such good vegan food for so little money.

Pros: tasty food, friendly staff, local ingredients

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Emma Pea Vegetarian Food and Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 13777 times since Nov 2011.