CLOSED: Elixir Cafe and Lounge

Contact 702-565-2233

9550 S Eastern Ave 180, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, 89123

Serves meat, vegan options available. Around 95% of the food served is organic, and there is a wide variety of salads, sandwiches and wraps. Sandwiches can come on choice of bread, including a gluten-free option. Many vegetarian and vegan options. MAR 2013 REPORTED SHUT DOWN/CLOSED.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Organic, Non-veg

First Review by veganinvegas

Worst Customer Service - Edit

I tried Elixir over a year ago and the service was horrible so I never returned. I recently got a mailer and was surprised they were still in business so my husband and I decided to try it again. The service was even worse. Both items ordered were not as requested, the server brought one set of silverware, no extra plate and never came back to check on us. After being completely ignored, I eventually got up and got my own silverware. There was a couple sitting next to us, waiting for about 20 minutes with absolutely NO acknowledgement by the server. I pointed out where the menus were and they got up and got their own. The place was not busy at all. After being ignored, the couple left & mentioned to us they'd never be back. We had to stand up for the server to acknowledge us and bring our check. This was the first time in our lives that we left without tipping. Service was that bad. The fire alarm went off during our meal and no one seemed to know how to stop it. Ironically, this same thing happened over a year ago. Sadly, there has been no change in their service or attitude. It's amazing they are still in business. We will never go back nor would we ever recommend this place to anyone. It's a shame because they have a nice menu.

Pros: Clean, Healthy Cuisine, Nice ambiance

Cons: Horrible service, Staff not friendly, Average food

needs improvement - Edit

We went for lunch and were the only ones there. They messed up my order (gave me a ham sandwich!) and it took forever to get the food. The lady who was waiting on us was not paying much attention to us. I doubt if I will go back.

Pros: Nice atmosphere

Cons: bad service

Disappointing - Edit

The menu was split into 2 separate sections for veg and non-veg choices. The veg section was very misleading and was exactly the same descriptions as the non-veg section. Most selections had cheese and there was no designations to help guide diners as to what was vegan and what was not. My husband and I were disappointed and had been excited about a local vegan dining option. Not bad but not as vegan friendly as we had hoped.

Pros: Healthy juice bar

Cons: Menu was unclear

Has potential - Edit

Has a separate vegan menu which is basically the same, just substituting vegan deli meat. The philly cheese steak is great, so are the vegan smoothies. Uses Daiya cheese for sandwiches. Has plans to expand menu to pizza, sushi etc.

Pros: vegan menu, friendly staff, smoothies

Cons: pricy, small amt of meats

Return to Las Vegas Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Elixir Cafe and Lounge closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 190 times since Sep 2010.