First Review by jd6

Great vegan find! - Edit

Artfully prepared vegetarian food with great taste, complimented with personalized service. Also the restaurant is very aware of food sensitivity issues i.e. Gluten dairy etc. We also enjoyed the piano music during our meal!

Great Vegan diner options - Edit

I was very happy with the three real vegan choices on the diner menu. Quite difficult to find in this region.
The Green Mediterranean Fantasy and the Peach Curry with tofu and mushrooms tasted good!

Yum! - Edit

Hands down one of the best vegan meals I've had in my lifetime. We had saffron mushrooms and ras el-hanout rice and could have picked other options. The spices were so delicately balanced, it was a true feast! We went in the middle of the afternoon on a Friday. The dishes were clearly marked (they have a bit of everything, meat, vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, etc.)

Healthy and Delicious! - Edit

I have visited this place three times over the past two months. I have tried five vegetarian dishes and have been quite satisfied with the volume as well as the quality of the dishes. Among all, I love the pasta which has various kinds of spices. Victor and Lana were very friendly and they always greeted us with a big smile. We will return for sure.

No Sunfood Cafe. - Edit

At the location, there is a restaurant which I believe is called Elita (it was also listed as Sunfood Cafe on the hotel's restaurant guide, but that's not what it says on the building.)

It is not a completely vegetarian menu, half of the menu is vegetarian and half have meat, with each having 7 choices. The food was fairly good, but it was a bit expensive. Not the best atmosphere either.

Pros: good food

Cons: only half veggie, small menu, not greatest atmosphere

Delicious! - Edit

My husband and I have been to Elita twice in the past few months and we were very impressed with the quality of food that was provided. We have tried four dishes and each has been wonderful. The flavours are brought out in each dish - this is not a restaurant for those that enjoy bland food. There is a great selection of vegetarian dishes from the menu and the chefs are able to adapt meat dishes to suit your diet. We will definitely be back!

Pros: flavourful food, good selection, different types of cuisine

Cons: off the main road

Not open & rude staff - Edit

Wasn't open at 4pm on a Saturday?! Guess they don't need the business. We went to see if it was open a staff member rudely snapped "we're closed!" at us! Definitely would not return!

Cons: Rude staff, Not open

Return to Canmore Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Elita closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2166 times since Aug 2007.