Elements of the Island

• Veg-friendly

Ave Benito Juarez 64 (at Lopez Mateos/Matamoros), Isla Mujeres, Mexico,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Organic breakfast and brunch cafe. Has veg choices including tofu with vegetables and roesti. Also rents apartments and offers yoga.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Western, Non-veg

First Review by bencamps

Vegetarian and vegan breakfasts possible - Edit

Vegan-friendly. On our trip in March 2015 my dad and I had breakfast here several times, sitting on the little patio. The owner is a friendly Frenchman. They serve delicious homemade bread, coffee, and freshly squeezed orange juice with the breakfast combos. I enjoyed the scrambled organic tofu with veggies. Small drawback -- I had to drink my coffee black because they didn't offer non-dairy alternatives.

Updated from previous review on Saturday February 20, 2016

Best vegan breakfast on the island! - Edit

While the menu is very limited for vegans, the veggie saute with tofu was the best, most tasty, and fresh dish I had while on the island. The women taking orders, and the person cooking were super nice, and informative! I would suggest getting the veggie and tofu saute, add roesti (shredded potatoes, sooo good, and cooked with olive oil) and ask to sub corn tortilla's (they don't have lard in them). Their bread isn't vegan and this was the recommendation of the waitress. Serious fresh good food!

Pros: fresh, healthy, friendly

Cons: limited choice, only open for breakfast and lunch

Great Vegan Breakfast!! - Edit

Visited on 21st June 2012. We went here for breakfast on our last day in Mexico. It was great, large portions, very healthy, friendly and calm surroundings. If you are vegi/vegan and in Isla Mujeres you simply must have breakfast here!! Only open during the morning.

Return to Isla Mujeres Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Elements of the Island closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1383 times since Jun 2012.