CLOSED: Elektra

• ( 7 reviews )

Calle de Santa Engracia, 108, Madrid, Spain, 28003

Serves meat, vegan options available. Vegan dishes are marked on the menu and include risotto, potatoes, buddha bowl, hummus, vegan burger, vegan baos and many other dishes. Reported closed, Oct 2021.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Mediterranean, Salad bar, Beer/Wine, Spanish, Non-veg

First Review by beingCRISS

Marties

Points +362

Mostly Veg
24 Jun 2021

Mythological vegan brunch

As hard as it was to get a (mandatory) reservation for their vegan brunch -- if I recall correctly, they only serve these on the weekends and during very specific times that aren't clearly listed -- the food was abundant and delicious.

It was my last meal before moving back to Japan after the borders reopened, so I suppose it has a special place in my heart.

Pros: Big portions, Tasty, Amazing presentation

Cons: Tables are too small for the huge brunch tray, Some more protein in the meal would be nice

SannyB

Points +310

12 Sep 2019

Not reliable

Really cute little restaurant with a few vegan options.

Edit Sep 19: you can’t order a la carte at lunchtime anymore, so you can only choose from the daily menu, which does not necessarily have vegan options! Also they do mess up on what is vegan and what is not. I went there many times (semi-voluntarily) and they would serve me more than once something non-vegan even if I reconfirmed with the waiter several times before my meal being vegan. My latest experience was that they mixed up vegetarian and vegan on the menu (they confirmed to me my orders being vegan and both had cheese in it - WTF). They have now corrected the mistake and I am sure they don’t mean bad, but for obvious reasons I won’t go there anymore and would not recommend the place to vegans!

Pros: location

Cons: small selection, pricey , not reliable :-(

CSoriano

Points +97

30 Jun 2019

Sin opciones

Nos sentamos a comer y nos fuimos. Imposible comer a mediodía si eres vegano( o vegetariano) ya que todos los segundos llevan carne o pescado. ¿De que te sirve indicar que entrantes son veganos/vegetarianos si luego ninguno de los platos principales lo son?

Po lo que vimos en la carta disponible para la tarde/noche las opciones veganas consistían en un hummus, rissotto thay y patatas cocidas (papas arrugás). A parte tienes browni y una tarta vegana.Todo muy bien indicado, pero, para mi, insuficiente para aparecer en esta aplicación.

Pros: Nada

Cons: Caro, Pocas(o nulas) opciones veganas

OlivierV

Points +32

21 Jun 2019

Very tasteful and high end place

We tried the vegan risotto, vegan hummus palate and vegan brownie. Good quality and great taste!

Maaark

Points +16

15 Jun 2019

No vegan food

I went with a friend from Spain that did most of the talking.
The people working there did not know the difference between vegan and vegetarian food.

It seemed like a fine restaurant, but it did not have any vegan food at all. There are many other nice places in Madrid that do have vegan food, there's no reason to go here.

Cons: No vegan food

willywet

Points +39

Vegetarian
28 Dec 2018

Lo recomiendo

Bonito y acogedor aunque,a parte de la hamburguesa no hay mucho más.
La hamburguesa parece pequeña pero llena bastante

Pros: Pocas opciones

Cons: .

beingCRISS

Points +55

28 Nov 2018

lovely place

I really like this place because of the atmosphere and tasty food. Many vegan options, and I am sure you can make more from other dishes upon request.
Lovely!

Return to Madrid Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Elektra closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.