First Review by Nathan

Good healthy food store - Edit

Quite complete assortment, also including fresh fruits and vegretables as well as refrigerated food.
Prices in line with Madrid's standard for this kind of store, i.e. pretty high.

Pros: Good assortment, Fresh fruits and vegetables

Cons: High prices

Good organic store - Edit

El Vergel is one of the best health stores I found in Madrid. They offer a large varierty of vegan food, for example vegan drinks, tofu and superfoods. Also they have vegan cleaning things. Fruits and vegetables are very expensive (compared to Fruterías) but they have a discount of 20% every tuesday I think.

Pros: intern. products (Tofu, sandwich sprea), one of the best in Madrid

Cons: expensive

DECEPCIÓN... - Edit

Se trataba de mi restaurante favorito, pero por culpa del servicio han hecho que no vuelva a ir nunca más, aunque me duela en el alma...
Camareros desagradables, incluso mal educados.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday May 27, 2014

Cons: Mal servicio

poor - Edit

The service of "el vergel" was ominous. Were slow to respond and the waiters were rude. The only option was a vegan "risotto" without cheese. we found that it was a kind of supermarket frozen rice. They served us very little of that poor rice. I would never recommend this place to anyone.

Pros: good area

Cons: bad food

Great for organic grocery - Edit

When I found this organic shop I was surprised by how many products it offers-especially fruit and veggies, since all the other health food stores I have been in Madrid tend to mostly sell packed products! This place is fully stocked.

Pros: fully stocked , fresh fruit, large sections of asian

Cons: expensive

no fridge, open till 12, good variety - Edit

I always bought my food here as it seems to be the closest (and only?) shop in the east that has organic fruit & vegetables. I lived at Batan and couldn't find a nearer place. You get everything you need there, especially fruit and vegetables seemed really cheap to me. But maybe it would be good to cool them at least a little in the summer heat of Madrid.

Pros: variety, prices, opening hours

Cons: no fridge

Nice sized shop with good selection - Edit

Shopped here in April 2011. They pretty much have everything you'd need, including a restaurant downstairs. The only downfall was that they didn't keep any of their produce in the fridge which meant most of the greens looked pretty sad; apples soft etc. Good location with nice long hours

Pros: Long hours, Plenty of choice

Cons: Sad looking produce

Return to Madrid Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has El Vergel - Paseo de la Florida closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1166 times since Aug 2011.