CLOSED: El Vegetariano

Avenida 4 (at Calle 18 esquina), Merida, Venezuela

This place sells organic and macrobiotic products, soy meat, palmitas, hemp oil, hygienic products and many more. You can eat at the counter downstairs or a table upstairs. Two small tofu shishkebabs cost 41 BsF, while empanadas are 6 BsF. They also serve versions of traditional Latin American food as well as hamburgers and more. REPORTED CLOSED, JUNE 2016.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Indian, International, Macrobiotic, Organic, Take-out, Venezuelan

First Review by choogirl

Super Great Service, Good Food - Edit

A nice, simple place north of Plaza Bolivar. There are three levels for seating. Venezuela is having tough times now so I didn't expect much. It was very good given what vegetables are available these days. The vegetable soup was delicious with lots of variety, the principal plate was simple yet filing, and the dessert and drink (papelon, of course) had a nice level of sweetness. The food came out fast and hot, and the server was incredibly attentive. I don't know why the last review said bad service -- it was excellent.

Pros: Filing, good quality, very cheap

Cons: Only menu del día available (due to the economic c

Good menu, bad service - Edit

I had lunch at this place once. It offers a decent menu with vegan options. However, the service is terrible (or consistent with Venezuela). I stood there for ages waiting for someone to help me and give me a menu but the girls just walked out the back, checked their phones, and generally ignored me.

My meal was quite good, but I found the juice watery.

They also had some empanadas without cheese which I bought for later, and they were good.

Pros: Good value food

Cons: Terrible service

Return to Merida Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: El Vegetariano closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.