El Toro Bravo

Contact 941-924-0006

2720 Stickney Point Rd (at Swift), Sarasota, Florida, USA, 34241

Serves meat, vegan options available. Inexpensive Southwest Mexican food with a vegan and vegetarian section on the menu.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by iloveanimals

Great Vegan Mexican Dishes - Edit

This Mexican restaurant located in a strip mall does a fantastic business. It is worth the wait to get a table. They have a limited vegetarian section on the menu and will make any of those items vegan. Our favorite is the veggie spinach burrito served with rice and vegetarian refried beans. The food is delicious. Service is quick and efficient. When we are in Siesta Key we always try to eat here.

Pros: Excellent Food, Quick & Attentive Service

Cons: Noisy, Limited Vegan Selections

be careful when eating vegan - Edit

I decided to try el toro bravo for Mexican. They didn't seem to have the concept of vegan and our food came out with cheese. I told them we didn't eat any animal products they said no problem we will take care of it. Well, come to find out at my expense, they only cut open the burrito to use the inside as not to waste. But what they didn't take into consideration, that they had used cheese on the inside. So unfortunately I ate some without knowing. I do have to say, they were very nice and extremely apologetic. So, just be careful if you are strict vegan anywhere you go.

Pros: friendly atmosphere, friendly staff, good food for non vegans

Cons: not sure what vegan stands for, was not resolved properly

Return to Sarasota Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has El Toro Bravo closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1912 times since Dec 2011.