El Tiempo Cantina

713-681-3645

5602 Washington Ave, Houston, Texas, USA, 77007

Serves meat, vegan options available. A portion of the menu lists several vegetarian items which you could request to be made vegan, such as the veggie fajitas and veggie chalupas (omit cheese).

Categories: Lacto, Beer/Wine, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by Amytara214

Stick with the Beans and Rice - Edit

Having been to the other El Tiempo location on Westheimer, I had high hopes for this location when a fajita craving struck.

At the other location, they didn't bat an eye when I asked for the veggie fajitas, no oil and no sour cream. No Sour Cream. These guys seemed so confused and my waiter even came by to ask, "how are your vegetables?"

The other location served asparagus, portobella mushrooms, among the typical peppers. This location just had peppers and onions. But! The vegan refried black beans and rice are stellar at both so next time, I'll know to just build my own rice and bean tacos and save my $30 when at the Washington location.

Pros: Vegan refried black beans and rice!

Cons: $30 for pepper and onion fajitas? No thanks.

One of my top 2 mexican spots - Edit

I just recently discovered the veggie chalupas and I'm hooked! Rice & Beans are both meat free. Veggie fajitas are good too, but the chalupa is currently on repeat order for me. Good for both vegans and non.

Return to Houston Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has El Tiempo Cantina closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.