El Sol Restaurante Vegetariano

Contact 345105

Junin 260 B (at Trujillo Centro), Trujillo, Peru,

Small place offering a 4 sole set meal which can generally be made vegan. Also has an inexpensive menu with lots of vegetarian sandwiches and dishes. Open Mon-Sun 8:30am-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Peruvian, Latin American

First Review by bepoo004

I swear that was chicken... - Edit

I hate to give this place 2 stars because their portions were large however the "meat" of the meal tasted awful. It was hard and rubbery. their bathroom was absolutely discusting. no water in the toilet, not running water or soap to wash my hands - it concerns me when I think about the kitchen. the service was friendly at least and the rest of the food was decent.

Basic food but good price - Edit

[Went there 2 times in late December 2014 / The address is: calle Zepita 704, at the corner with Junín / The set menu is at 5 soles / the hours they told me were: Monday-Saturday 8h30-16h30, Sunday 8h30-16h]

I went there because the other restaurant Sabor Supremo (or Suprema Sazón as it seems to be the new name) wasn't able to serve us. The set menu (S/. 5) includes a small starter, a soup, a main course and a drink. The food was okay, but not flavourful and the place was very dark (if you don't seat near the door you won't receive daylight) and kind of messy (too many tables and chairs for the space available.
Wasn't my best experience, but okay.

Pros: Copious, Cheap

Cons: Dark and messy, Staff unfriendly

True and simple - Edit

Went there and had their lunch menu + drink for 5 soles. Everything was vegan. Included a soup, small plate of salad and plate of rice+tsp+split peas. Not flavorful but it's a vegan option in Trujillo, which is great.

Good food - Edit

Relatively polular with the locals. The decoration is cheap as in a typical comedor. It however offers good cheap vegan meals. I had a delishious vegan goulash with rice and fries and 2 complemantary sodas for 7 soles.
Even though I arrived at 8, the place was still full with locals having a drink or a small snack.

The place is located just outside the center, and actually right behind the adress provided here. It doesn't have any outside advertising and as such is imposible to find when closed. The seem to be open for lunch untill 5, and for dinner from 7 onward.

I came back for another dinner 2 days later. The friendly waitress I had the first time was nowhere to be found, and this time staf really didn't feel like cooking and only wanted to serve me the lunch menu for 5 soles.
If you have dinner here, plan on arriving late, after 8.
Updated from previous review on Sunday May 08, 2011

Pros: delisious, cheap, sometimes good service

Cons: no wifi, not that eay to find, sometimes bad service

Return to Trujillo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has El Sol Restaurante Vegetariano closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1008 times since Oct 2009.