E.L. Ruddy Co. Cafe

Contact 647-351-0423

1371 Dundas St W, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M6J 1Y3

Cafe and bar where the food is made from scratch and includes gluten-free and vegan choices. Open Mon-Thu 5:00pm-12:00am, Fri-Sat 11:00am-12:00am, Sat-Sun 12:00am-2:00am.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Western, Beer/Wine, Canadian

First Review by Ken4057

A real gem - Edit

I absolutely adore this tiny gem of a restaurant. It's vegetarian but everything can be made vegan or gluten-free and it's not just that they remove the dairy, they actually have vegan sour cream, daiya cheese, an amazing tofu omelette and the housemade cornbread is already vegan/gluten-free. They are now licensed and open 11am-11pm Wed-Sun. Check them out for brunch or dinner. I recommend the vegan omelette or breakfaster sandwich and a soup for lunch and burrito for dinner.

Pros: Delicious food, Friendly staff, Great decor

great place for evrryone - Edit

My favorite place in town for breakfast as it offers every possibility so I can bring my non-veg friends, vegetarian and me who are vegan.
it is really tasty, enough option, really healthy.
I love the atmosphere and the staff is friendly enough

Pros: cosy, cheap, healthy

Came for late, late brunch - Edit

We showed up just before 4 on Sunday and thankfully they still served us brunch.

First they brought out tiny dishes with 7 kinds of tiny, lovingly cut pieces of fruit. I ordered a large freshly squeezed orange juice and my ladyfriend got a latte. Both were top notch and served in a vintage glass and mug respectively.

Lots of magazines to read and a very relaxed in a lovely, antique-store-style interior to enjoy the wait, which wasn't too long.

We were sad that their waffles weren't vegan, but their were numerous vegan brunch offerings, and we ordered an vegan omelette and a mexican-style mixed plate with salad, homefries and more. It was well-priced, but not so flavourful. A bit disappointing overall. I'll go back and try the other entrees sometime. Still had a great experience.

3.5 cows

Return to Toronto Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has E.L. Ruddy Co. Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3075 times since Nov 2010.