El Rey Burrito Lounge

Contact 334-832-9688

1031 E Fairview Ave, Montgomery, Alabama, USA, 36106

Serves meat, vegan options available. Mexican food restaurant. Reported has tempeh, tofu, and lard-free beans. No freezer or microwave used. Al fresco dining. Has Wi-Fi. Call for hours - tell us.

Category: Lacto, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by Justin K.

best choice for vegan food in Montgomery - Edit

The food here is good and the options are adequate. I've always had friendly, knowledgeable servers and the menu has labels so it's easy to find the vegan stuff.

Pros: Large portions, tasty food, knowledgeable staff

Cons: Guac is extra, no vegan cheese

Nice vegan options - Edit

I had the Cali Burrito without cheese, which made it vegan. It was fantastic. Huge and full of tasty veggie goodness. I wasn't too happy with the salsa and chips though. The salsa is little more and chopped tomatoes and was pretty bland.

Cons: No sign out front so it can be hard to find.

Great Fresh Vegan Food - Edit

Although this is not a vegetarian restaurant, their vegan options are truly well-done. We had the Spicy Quinoa Salad, the Cali Burrito and the Tempeh Fajitas. We asked for everything to be prepared vegan and, frankly, didn't expect much. We were surprised to receive extremely fresh, delicious vegan plates as good, or better than anything we've found in a vegan restaurant. The staff was friendly and extremely familiar with vegan requirements. It almost makes me wish I lived in Montgomery.

♡THIS PLACE ♡ - Edit

Just go! Amazing food, atmosphere and people♡. This is my third visit and this time I brought my husband and brother (both meat eaters). They both wanted a second order of their entrees. I recommend going at least three times to get in the mango salsa, roasted sweet potatoes, tempeh fajitas and roasted veggie nacho estenpudo... you're welcome (^_^). Whenever I'm in Montgomery I will stop here!!

Pros: vegan options not an after thought, happenin' atmosphere, people/service

Wonderful! - Edit

I was visiting my boyfriend, who is in the Air Force and training at Maxwell, and we went to this place one night. It was WONDERFUL! The staff was super friendly, knowledgeable, and accommodating. I got the Tempeh Fajitas, and they were delicious, as was the guacamole and pineapple salsa. My boyfriend loved is carnivorous food as well. We loved it so much that we went back the next night. I got a Tempeh and Black Bean Burrito, and again, it was just incredible. If you are in Montgomery, you should give it a try.

Pros: Great Food, Great Staff, Priced Right

Cons: Can get really busy

Delicious Food - Wonderful Night Abiance - Edit

Tried to stop by here for lunch only to realize they are only open from 4-10. Luckily Cafe Louisa is right across the street. Came back a different night with an omnivore and we both had amazing meals. Food was super fresh (chips and guac) and tasty!! Omnivore co-worker had a huge meal that she loved and I loved mine as well. Staff was very pleasant and are very cognizant of everything from food source to veganism. Humongous beer list if that's your thing, specials/events listed on their website. Definitely worth checking out, and if the weathers agreeable grab a seat out on the front porch/balcony area - the lights in the trees and the old-timey street lend a certain character to the evening that's hard to describe. Definitely will be back (omni co-worker already went back with other people from work ... to rave reviews!)

Pros: Delicious food, amazing beer list, charming atmosphere

Cons: limited hours

Return to Montgomery Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has El Rey Burrito Lounge closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1770 times since Jun 2008.