El Restaurante Vegetariano - Tribunal

Contact 15320927

C/de Marques de Santa Ana 34 (at Tribunal metro), Madrid, Spain, 28004

Traditional Spanish restaurant but serving all vegetarian food. Has a salad bar in the center of the room, surrounded by tables for dining. Concise menu. Has Wi-Fi. Tue-Sun 1:30pm-4:00pm, Tue-Sat 9:00pm-11:30pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Salad bar, Spanish

First Review by Stevie

Cozy vegetarian place - Edit

Small, cozy vegetarian place also offering vegan options in a nice atmosphere.
Tasty, healthy food and salad bar at the centre.
The service is professional and kind.

Pros: Cozy place, Nice atmosphere, Tasty

Nothing special - you can probably make it better - Edit

This is a nice little place with character and the staff were friendly and helpful but the food itself was a let down. Yes, it's 'traditional' 1970s veggie fare but it was lacking in depth of flavour and the vegetables in my partner's what could have been a tasty tagine-type meal were soggy whilst my stuffed aubergine needed a lot of seasoning. You can and have probably made better.

Pros: Easy to find, Price, Friendly staff with basic English

Cons: Tiny tables, Lack of flavour, No effective air con

Quaint in a lively neighborhood - Edit

We ate here last night and really enjoyed our meal. We both had the Lasagna and a salad. The salad was simple and was self serve. The Lasagna was very nice. We had white wine and fresh apple juice to top it off. It is a very quaint place to eat. An intimate atomsphere. We really enjoyed it here. The owner was very friendly and the service was very quick. Small menu, but we like that.

Traditional restaurant - Edit

Centrical small restaurant with eigth small tables and a small buffet for salads in the center. Serves good vegetarian food including three vegan main courses at 9,5 euros (rice with veg, cous-cous and eggplant). We tried the rice and we had good quantity. Starters and salads (excelent hummus) at 4 to 6 euros. Every complete meal with dessert can be 18 to 25 euros, is not cheap for daily meals. Long march, since 1981. WiFi and water free.

Pros: Good food

Cons: Quite expensive

My review - Edit

Quaint, friendly restaurant. Nice to be able to see through into the kitchen. Great starter of pumpkin and leek soup. The only negative was that there were not many options available... only a few options of starter, main course and dessert.

Pros: friendly

Cons: small menu

Homey atmosphere, friendly and affordable - Edit

My husband and I visited this restaurant while in Madrid and it was quite nice.

Very small - you feel like you've stepped into a family home - with tiny tables and a very warm, friendly atmosphere. The food is home cooked in feel and taste, very "honest" in approach - nothing fancy, but all good and very tasty and affordable.

The only downside is the salad bar, which I found a bit lacking. Maybe it's me, after the glamorous salad bars of the US and more urban restaurants, but this one was not great. I wouldn't bother with it if you go - not worth the $$$.

I ordered the eggplant, my husband ordered the rice. Bother were excellent and hot, and the service was fast and friendly.

Overall not a bad restaurant. I wouldn't go out of my way to go back there, but I'm glad I experienced it and enjoyed my meal.

Pros: friendly, homestyle, welcoming

Cons: salad bar - not great, out of the way, small premises

good homestyle cooking - Edit

We came here after our original choice fell through and were glad we had a chance to check this place out. If you're looking for unfussy, homestyle cooking this is a good choice -- after two weeks of eating out this was a nice breath of fresh air for us. Their spinach quiche and hummus salad were quite tasty. I would skip the couscous though. Service here was also very friendly.

Pros: homestyle cooking, tasty, inexpensive

Decent - Edit

The food is decent and wholesome but not as tasty as in other vegetarian restaurants in Madrid. A bit overpriced but located in the lively and lovely district of Malasana.
The salad bar was appalingly poor.

Pros: Food, Healthy cuisine

quite good - Edit

I went here because of time questions: this was the nearer from me in my list. I found it too poor of vegan option, even if the rice I took was good. A place to go if you're hungry and you won't wait anymore to eat or if you don't have a lot of money. I paid 8.95 euro for a honest portion of veggie rice!

Pros: good value for money

Cons: few vegan options

Like in mothers little place - Edit

It is a nice little place with a menu every day. Unfortunately the varity for vegans is extremely limited. It is nothing special, the service was pretty deadpan, but is cheap and tasts good.

Pros: cheap, no smoking

Cons: deadpan service, very little place

Basic but good. - Edit

A straightforward vegtarian restaurant with a good selection of vegetarian dishes. Our meal was tasty and well presented. Mian issue is the very limited wine selectio (hose wines only).

Pros: Good selection, Cheap

Cons: Limited wine selection

Basic but tasty - Edit

I have just come back from a trip to Madrid with my girlfriend who is vegan. We went to this restaurant on the first night of a light bite. The food was fresh and uncomplicated, the self-serve salad bar had a good selection of extremely fresh, tasty salad. There was however only one vegan main option which was a bit disappointing. The staff were friendly and spoke English and the house wine was cheap and good quality.

Pros: cheap, very fresh salad

Cons: few vegan options

El Resturante Vegetariano, Madrid - Edit

With a ronseal approach to naming this restaurant does exactly what it says on the tin. I went there before I was vegan so I can't comment on what it was like for vegan offerings. Pleasant staff, nice atmo. I do remember that I enjoyed the food that I had.

Pros: Pleasant staff, Nice atmo

Return to Madrid Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has El Restaurante Vegetariano - Tribunal closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4675 times since Aug 2007.