El Punto Veggie

Contact 3003556237

Calle 6 (at btwn Carrera 4 and 5), Salento, Colombia,

A vegetarian restaurant and health shop. Uses fresh local and organic veggies and fruits Try the soup of the day or the house salad with dried fruit. Open Mon-Sun 1:00pm-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, International, Organic, Juice bar, Take-out, Colombian

First Review by maynard7

I want more! - Edit

We had the menu of the day, a veggie burger and some dips and it was so very good. I was scraping the bottom for more! It felt very healthy and perfectly seasoned. I will probably eat here again before leaving town. Don't miss it.

QUÉ RICOO - Edit

Este lugar fue como encontrar una fuente en el desierto... tan irreal! Tienen un amplio menú y los precios son razonables. Comí una hamburguesa grande por 10,000 y al principio me pareció un poco elevado el precio pero cuando la vi me di cuenta de por qué costaba eso! Era GIGANTE y muy rica, me dan ganas de volver a Salento solamente por comer otra vez en Punto Veggie!

Pros: cerca del centro, menú variado

welcome relief - Edit

After days of arepas this place is a gem. We were here after hiking for 10 hours in the Cocora Valley and we were famished! They have fresh made juices, veggie burgers and other food to refuel your soul. I had falafel and tahini with naan and my boyfriend had a veggie burger. We also split chips with avocado and fresh juice. Everything was great!

Pros: fresh, local, juice

Cons: not really a con, but the place is very small with

Best burger and helpful staff - Edit

Went here for dinner on our last night in Salento- wish we'd gone earlier! We both got veg burgers. I had the small for 8000, friend had the large for 10000. But there wasn't much difference in size, both were filling. Super delicious! And easily made vegan by swapping cheese for tofu. Staff were very helpful in answering if the bun was vegan.
Non veg friend said he may even prefer this burger to a meat one. A good sign for sure!!

Pros: Cheap, Vegan friendly, Cute place

Cons: More seating?

Went straight back for a second time - Edit

This place is a little snack hut on the street, but you can sit in the back as well. Ate here twice, the cooks made our meal while we had a nice chat.
It was delicious, falafel, veggie burgers, juices and much more. We liked this place very much.

The only veggie place in town (for now) - Edit

I would call Punto Veggie a vegetarian snack bar. It is on Calle 6 between Carreras 4 & 5 (downhill from the main plaza only two blocks). The day I was there it opened at 1 p.m. sharp and they started making food at that point. The owner told me that in the near future they will have a meal of the day in addition to hamburgers and falafel and other snacks they currently offer. She told me they sometimes close on Wednesday (so call ahead if you are planning a day trip to Salento on a Wednesday and were planning to eat lunch here.) I ordered the pita pocket with falafel for 9000 pesos. I also got a mango pineapple juice for 4000 pesos. It's the only vegetarian place in town as far as I know. I thought the food was good, with prices in line with other restaurants in town.

Pros: Flavors good, 2 blocks from main square

Return to Salento Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has El Punto Veggie closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 540 times since Oct 2014.