El Paraiso de la Salud Restaurante Vegetariano Integral

Contact 4284591

Jr. Camana 344 (at 1 block from Plaza Mayor/Plaza de Armas, in Centro de Lima), Lima, Peru,

Lima vegetarian restaurant with juice bar, seats 100+. Also sells a few health food products and takeaway food. For people visiting who don't speak Spanish, the menu is completely in Spanish so be sure to ask the staff for assistance in English. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Macrobiotic, Juice bar

First Review by mltmlt

It's an option -- but not a good one. - Edit

I went there in July 2016, I was very hungry after a full turistic morning. The food isn't delicious, it is just fine, but kinda tasteless. The plates are really really gigantics, neithet me or my father could finish it. It is weird because they call themselves vegan but there are lots of options with dairies and eggs.

Pros: Cheap plates. Nothing above 20 soles. , Very big plates

Cons: Doesn't taste really good

Nice and Funky - Edit

Very simple, apparently Christian-oriented restaurant in central Lima near the Plaza de Armas. Comfortable, not highly flavored food; very big portions; service is sketchy even if you speak Spanish well (hopeless if you do not). Street people walk in and out, so you need to mind your belongings. Don't go if you are in a hurry.

Pros: Big portions, Deep, comfortable restaurant, Cheap

Cons: Food not highly flavored, Exposed to street, Service is slow

Below average - Edit

The menu is extensive. There are currently two specials of the day... one for 7 soles and the other for 9 soles.

I first went here in June 2014 and found it average. I went back again in November 2014 (it's open Sunday), and won't go back. The mixed salad was passable, but the main plate pathetic. 3 different starches on the plate (rice, potatoes, plantain), and no protein to be found. Nothing green, and overall not appetizing at all.

There are two better restaurants over on Jiron Carabaya that had better food for roughly the same price.

It's open 7 days a week. There are two other veggie restaurants on the same block (at 399 and 337), so plenty to choose from if you're in this area. I have not tried the other two, but the staff at 399 was unfriendly, so I didn't eat there.

Updated from previous review on Monday June 30, 2014

Pros: Location near main square, Prices good, Brown rice

Cons: No protein, No color, Not appetizing

food ok, service...can do better - Edit

The food is acceptable, I only tried main dishes from the menu but it had also a good list of smoothies which I didn't try.
Since the place opens directly to the street it can be noisy, buskers (the noisy ones) often get inside which honestly can be really annoying. I could live with it but the service is just terrible, the waiter had no interest at all in giving a good service.

Pros: very cheap

Cons: bad service, noisy

Wonderful Place in Central Lima - Edit

We are vegans-no-oil-added, which is a pretty restrictive diet. Arrived in Lima four days ago and tried three times to get different local restaurants to fix us something we could eat without problems, failed all three times, and not due to language difficulties, as we passed out a paper explaining our diet in detail which we had translated into Spanish. First time there was cheese cooked into the quinoa, second time, in spite of everything, the veggies were swimming in oil, third time everything arrived with grated cheese sprinkled all over the top.

So when we walked in to Paraiso de la Salud, which is only a block away from the central Plaza des Armas, and spoke with the waitress, showing her our translated requirements, we were hopeful but not confident.

Our meal was WONDERFUL, and CHEAP. Plenty of steamed veggies and potato over brown rice. The veggies included generous portions of asparagus and artichoke heart as well as lots of other types. All very nicely presented. They also included a huge slab of soy protein underneath it all which we did not eat, and tomorrow they will leave that out.

The price was just over half what the other places had charged us, the pair of us ate VERY well for only 20 soles total (about $8.50).

I don't think we will eat anywhere else in Lima.

THANKS, Paraiso de la Salud !!

Pros: Vegan No Oil available, Friendly, Cheap

Good inexpensive food - Edit

We came here one night for dinner (we actually had passed by during lunch time and it was packed).

I got a soup with noodles, potato and spinach and it was really good!! I loved it. My friend got the lomo saltado and she really liked it a lot.

It's not all vegan and there weren't a ton of options for us but the woman working was nice and we asked her what was vegan and she told us so that made things easier.

old-style veg dining hall in the heart of the city - Edit

What a surprise... this is the real deal, folks. It's different than an intimate restaurant experience in a tourist area... this is working is a working class, traditional-style vegetarian dining hall in the heart of the city.

On some days it fills up almost completely but you can always get a table quickly. Great, authentic, simple fare... lomo, aji de galina, chupe. Yes, it's a bit impersonal; you place your order at front and get a ticket, then wait for your meal. Still, the people are friendly and helpful, and the old-school ambiance and immersion makes up for the inconvenience. Open till 10 p.m. every day. Recommended!

Pros: cheap, open late, great ambiance, trad. Peruvian veg

Cons: impersonal, simpler options, conspiracy theories about giants

Just an ok option - Edit

The food is fine but not worth going out of your way for. More vegetarian options than vegan - like most of Peru. Service is not attentive. Make sure you understand Spanish before you enter.

Pros: Options, Close to Plaza de Armas

Cons: Service

A great surprise in a lovely city - Edit

Friendly staff; good location (a block away from the main cuty square); lots of local variety; excellent value for money; 3 courses -- soup, main course, dessert with local tea -- for about $2.50 U.S (summer 2008). This was especially welcome in the middle of the busy capital city.

Pros: open to street, excellent value, healthy

Return to Lima Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has El Paraiso de la Salud Restaurante Vegetariano Integral closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2599 times since Aug 2007.