El Oju

Contact n/a

Calle General Narvaez 4, Granada, Spain, 18002

Vegan tapas bar and pub. Serves tapas and daily meals, beer and wine. Open Mon 12:00am-12:30am, Tue-Sun 1:30pm-4:30pm, Tue-Sun 8:30pm-12:00am, Wed-Sun 12:00am-12:30am. Closed Mon.

Category: Vegan, Beer/Wine, Spanish

First Review by anamart1976

I really recommend it - Edit

It's the only vegan tapas Bar in Granada and I really like it. Good wine and local beer. They also offer economic dishes. The only negative point is that the service is quite slow when the bar is full, but highly recommended!

Pros: Vegan Tapas, Good wine

Cons: Economic, Delicious

Enjoyed the food - Edit

This place has lots of tapas to choose from. Yummy, but obviously pre-prepared and microwaved. Staff were flat-out the night we went so service took a while and I felt guilty every time I ordered something and added to their work load! Still, I enjoyed my dinner and drinks.

Wine good food disappointing - Edit

I was really looking forward to vegan tapas but I felt that I have made better tapas myself. The tapas was served just warm and whilst the cous cous and vegetables was nice the other dishes weren't very tasty. However, the vegan wine was one of the best red wines I have tasted for some time. The opening time states 8pm but on the Friday we were told it opened at 9pm. Staff friendly.

Pros: friendly atmosphere, great wine

Cons: food disappointing, opening times can change

Nice place with quiet good food - Edit

As the opening times here in happy cow are completely wrong (it is open from 8 pm !!!) I had to go away once... next time with better luck I had a good time in El Oju. Tasty food, nice service and atmosphere. Fantastic chocolate-cake !!!

Pros: friendly staff, good food

A bit disappointing - Edit

We had high hopes of this place but left a bit disappointed. There was a lot of choice on the menu, but the tapas we tried (lentil burger, seitan montadito, tofu wrap and tex mex taco) were not especially tasty or well presented. Chips came doused in luminous ketchup. It's no doubt great to have options around for vegans and vegetarians, but in terms of the food itself we had much better meals at Papaupa and Hicuri. The bar was noisy, but felt more rowdy than atmospheric.

Pros: Range of vegan options, Very cheap

Cons: Unhealthy, Small portions

El ojú - Edit

Great service, delicious vegan food. I really liked the soja taco and one of their veg burgers, my only complaint is the tapas are really tiny for the price.

Pros: Delicious vegan food, Great service

Cons: Really tiny tapas

Outstanding vegan place in Granada - Edit

This is a really cozy bar in Granada. The food is outstanding and the staff is really nice. They offer a great variety of tapas and you can also eat delicious dishes. There are also incredible cakes there. If what you are looking for is really good vegan food (fresh salads, burguers, full-of-flavour soya tacos, chocolate cakes, and many other surprises) , friendly people and cheap prices, that is the place. In Granada visiting the Alhambra and eating at El Ojú are a pleasure which everybody should enjoy. I've never been at night, but I had an excellent mojito, so I guess it will be a perfect place to enjoy the famous Spanish nightlife In Granada. I'll often go there for sure. Non-vegans enjoy as much as I do (one of my non-vegan sister favourite place).

Pros: great variety, nice staff, delicious food

Return to Granada Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has El Oju closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.