CLOSED: El Misti

Contact 714-995-5944

3070 W Lincoln Ave Ste D (at Beach Blvd), Anaheim, California, USA, 92801

Serves meat, vegan options available. Anaheim Peruvian restaurant. Has some vegetarian dishes, made with soy meat. Reported closed to HappyCow.

Category: Peruvian, Non-veg

First Review by Andrealv

Nice compromise - Edit

My husband, the meat eater, had the shrimp in garlic sauce and I had the soy arroz con pollo. My son is vegetarian and had the soy chicken stir fry. He liked my soy chicken and his rice. We were able to have a nice meal for about $50. Oh, and the refills were free.

Excellent & Unique - Edit

My partner and I are both vegetarians and I was looking for a special place for a birthday trip to Anaheim. El Misti fit the bill. You are greeted warmly, treated like family and the food is delicious. While meat is served there, you will find a dedicated vegetarian section of the menu. Additionally, dishes which can be prepared vegetarian or vegan are also noted. We had the veg lamb stew and veg arroz con pollo. Both were homemade and outstanding. If fake meat is not your thing, there are other options. It is in a strip mall, but don't let that discourage you. Peruvian music videos play on the monitors and the interior makes you feel transported.

Awesome - Edit

I always get the Arroz con Pollo, and it never ever fails me! I love it and everyone that I have taken to El Misti loves it. The chicha morada is awesome as well. I highly recommend this place, especially because the chicken seriously tastes like chicken! My friends won't even believe it's fake. The owner is awesome as well, and he came and talked to us and described the place and how it came to be. A bad thing about it is the very pricey VERY PRICEY prices, and the fact that they don't offer refills...what a let down! But other than that it's good.

El Misti is just plain good. 3 stars.

Pros: Big portions, Fake chicken like real chicken, Authentic Peruvian food

Cons: No refills, Very pricey

Vegetarian peruvian food- can't find it anywhere - Edit

I actually had this restaurant cater my vegetarian wedding a few years ago. I have never seen another peruvian restaurant that has vegetarian options. I was truly amazed and my non-vegetarian guests were impressed and surprised that they were not eating meat. They have great options and are very willing to make vegetarian dishes. And it's not just tofu, they have a lot of fake meats and veggies...

Pros: vegetarian options

Cons: na

Return to Anaheim Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: El Misti closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.