El Mana

Contact 922- 372-474

Calle Mequinez 21, Puerto de la Cruz, Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain,

Vegetarian fine dining restaurant, with a minimalism atmosphere. Offers tapas, salads, fresh pastas, woks, and desserts including in-house-made cakes. Serves tea and fair trade coffee. Ecological brunch by reservation only. Uses local and organic produce and wine. Open Wed-Sun 1:00pm-4:00pm, Wed-Sun 7:00pm-10:00pm. Closed Mon-Tue.

Category: Vegan-friendly, International, Organic, Beer/Wine, Spanish

First Review by flip55flip

Feels like heaven - Edit

What a wonderful thing to be able to find a ecological restaurant with several vegan gf options! I recommend this strongly! Inspirational, yummy... awesome! And... try their local eco beer as well... Enjoy!

Pros: Freindly staff, Awesome food

Teuer - Edit

Vegane Gerichte sind gekennzeichnet. Wir hatten Couscous und Wok und als Nachspeise den Brownie. Brownie mit dem selbstgemachten Eis war das Beste. Für die Preise hätten wir uns mehr Geschmack gewunschen.
Feines Lokal mit nettem Personal.

Pros: vegane Optionen

Cons: teuer

Orgasmic vegan Brownie!! - Edit

I love this restaurant. I had a mixed salad as a starter and couscous as a main meal. It was absolutely delicious, but the best part was the vegan brownie with sorbet. Sooo good. Staff is friendly and toilets are good too.

Pros: nice atmosphere, delicious food

Cons: uncomfortable chairs

Sad cooking - Edit

Disappointing.
Only a few options are vegans (even pastas are not !).
We tried couscous, and also rice with vegetables (the only vegan main dishes). Both dishes were sad, very salty but not tasty... No spices, no sauces... You do better at home.
If people who don't know veganism well go there, they might think that vegans don't enjoy good meals...

Pros: Organic , Healthy

Cons: Not tasty , Small portions , Expansive

Nice, quite restaurant - Edit

We had dinner yesterday at this place and we really enjoyed it! The staff was really nice and the waiter even knew that the wine is vegan. We had Samosas and Gazpacho for starters, both dishes tasty, even though the Samosas weren't homemade (we aren't sure about that, it's just a guess). For main course we had Couscous and the Wok with Tofu, both delicious! They have vegan ice cream and other vegan desserts. Using only organic products justifies the prices.

They have menus in various languages, but since we speak Spanish I don't know about their language skills.

Pros: vegan desserts, vegan wine, organic & local

expensive but good food - Edit

This restaurant has a real nice atmosphere at a good location and serves all organic food. They had a few vegan and and some gluten free options as well, but portions were relatively small. I had a hard time getting full, and hence the price got rather high.
I had couscous, which was one of the larger meals, and my partner had stir-fried veggies with potatoes, which was enough for her, but wouldn't have been for me. On the other hand they did have some vegan and gluten free deserts.

Pros: great taste , nice atmosphere, all organic food

Cons: limited vegan options, small portions, rather expensive

Organic and vegan first class food! - Edit

Excellent food with vegan and gluten free alternatives clearly marked on the menu. Kitchen staff with great cooking skills and very polite waiter. Does not serve any meat.

We tried 4 different vegan and gluten free dishes at two different occasions and were very content.

Pros: organic food, friendly staff, good atmosphere

Gorgeous food!! - Edit

Yesterday (6-9-2013) me and my friends ate at this restaurant after a tip we got from a health store in the centre of Puerto de la Cruz.

We had a lovely diner and even my tablemates (all non-vegetarian) spoke highly about how satisfying and lovely the whole diner was. I chose the vegan options and enjoyed the lovely flavours and combinations of spices.
The staff was so nice and the scenery was really relaxing.

I would recommend this restaurant to all vegen, vegetarian and non-vegetariant visitors.

Pros: vegan options, local products, freindly staff

Cons: extra price for the bread

Beautiful place - Edit

We visited the place in dec 2012. Nice place with good food. There could be more protein-alternatives on the menu tough. The local mushroom-dish was nice.

Pros: Good food, good value, friendly staff

Amazing food!!! - Edit

I visited this restaurant with my partner in June 2012 and I rate is as a fantastic dining experience. We ate quite early (7:30pm) finding the restaurant empty when we arrived. The restaurant is in the old town in a narrow street running parallel with the seafront. The decor is simple with wooden tables and a seaside theme. We choose four starter dishes to share instead of mains and had glasses of the red house wine which was delicious. The dishes were pumpkin soup (spicy and served with a flower), spinach and cheese vegetable croquettes with sauce (a local Canarian dish), a stack with smoked tofu, aubergine and other vegetables (skewered with rosemary), and sautéed cheese in spiky shapes with salad. Every dish was tasty, with a range of textures and flavours and a quality above and beyond the rather bland offerings of other veggie restaurants. Presentation was attractive, each dish looked lovely.
The waitress was friendly. When I asked the woman working in the kitchen who created such lovely dishes, it turned out that she was the chef and the recipes were her own. This woman deserves a Michelin star!

Food from heaven - Edit

El Mana - we greatly enjoyed eating out at El Mana. It was indeed like food from heaven! Yummie AND healthy. Both for us and for the planet because all the ingredients are from ecological agriculture. An agriculture that prohibits chemical treatments, that favors variety and natural fruit cycles instaed of single crops at large scale. Such an agriculture respects and preserves your health and that of the soil. All of us depend on the soil's richness and its ability to absorb carbon from the atmosphere. Gracias y que os valla bien!

Beautiful, delicious food - Edit

Just a brief review. El Maná is a beautiful restaurant with friendly staff and well presented food. It was tasty and healthy.

A little point to complain about though, which is a shame as vegetarian places are so hard to find in Tenerife, but the menu listed various items as vegan that clearly were not vegan (goats cheese and honey are not vegan). I think some of the other items were available vegan if you ask. If this was clearer, I'd give 5 stars.

Also, we received a bread roll and rojo sauces before the starters, without asking for it, but then were charged €1 for it. I don't appreciate hidden charges! Only a small charge though.

Pros: Tasty, Attractive, Imaginative

Cons: Hidden charge, Vegan confusion

Return to Tenerife Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has El Mana closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3046 times since Dec 2011.