Loto Azul Vegetariano

Carrera 5Bis no. 12C-02, Bogota, Colombia,

Vegetarian cafeteria operated by Hare Krishna devotees, near La Candelaria historic district, Cudinamarca. Crowded at lunch time. Large set lunches. Offers international dishes as well as typical Colombian comfort food.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, International, Delivery, Take-out, Latin American, Colombian

First Review by iceicekati

great portion size and tasty - Edit

2 lunch options, both $9,300. comes with juice, soup and a dessert (banana and strawberry jam dip) for main I had rice mixed with noodle and veg, pumpkin mash and cauliflower/veg mix. nice flavours.

Pros: central location in La Candelaria area, big portions, reasonable price

Cons: confusing on what to do after paying at counter (t

Good vegan tamal - Edit

[Went there on July 23rd, 2015, and they told me that they were open everyday. Although, they were closed earlier than what they told me so I can't be sure.]

I went there for the breakfast, and I chose the tamal (COP 6.500) which was filling and good (the tamal was filled with potatoes, carrots, chickpeas, green peas, TSP and seitan). The juice was at 2.400.
They told me the menu was at 8.800, which seems okay, but I didn't try it.

Cheap and decent food - Edit

Plenty of vegan options and all the meals are really cheap! I had a meal with fried plantain which was decent but nothing too special. My two meat eating Colombian friends had the same but didn't really like it. It came with a very nice vegetable soup though. My vegan friend ordered a burger and thought it was good but not great. But anyway for that price (7000 pesos) I won't complain too much!

good value with lots of food & choices - Edit

I ate lunch here 5 or 6 times for $7800pesos. I had soup,main (brown rice,veg, beans/chickpeas, falafel etc, help yourself salad bar, juice, fruit & dessert which was normally 1 piece of fruit (banana & tiny piece of fruit in small bowl with sauce). I was full after ecery meal & service was really fast & helpful. They always gave you 2 choices for this price but there are other options too. I always ate upstairs, its like to restaurants in one with buffet upstairs & downstairs. Its a very busy place but always have room & is vegan friendly. You can see whats on the menu at the door as they have the food on display. This really helps when you do not have good spanish & dont know or understand what you want. You pay at door , get ticket, get a seat & waiter comes & asks you what you would like

Pros: vegan friendly, friendly staff, good choices

Cons: not open for dinner

Definitely worth trying! - Edit

We really liked the set menu, it was a decent value, quite a bit of food and a variety. The Hare Krishna atmosphere is nice and they have other events and cooking classes too. They also have lasagna and sandwiches, and natural foods to go like soy milk powder and almonds and honey.

Pros: good value, central location, nice people

Return to Bogota Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Loto Azul Vegetariano closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1716 times since Aug 2007.