First Review by jaime

A Good Meal - Edit

El Loco is very good about catering to vegans. I found that their staff was knowledgeable about what was vegan and how to 'veganize' other options.

Try the tofu mole if you're looking for something interesting!

Pros: staff, food

Good food but watch out - Edit

I've been here three or four times in the past and the food was pretty good. I like that they have vegan items! However, two times I've been here there was meat in my vegan entree, including a large hunk of pork (or something) in a vegan soup. I might give it another try next time I'm downtown.

my favorite spot in albany - Edit

i've lived in albany for years and el loco has been my favorite spot the whole time. great veggie chili and several vegan choices! i've never had a bad meal there.

great for vegans - Edit

I'm a regular here. There are not a ton of vegan options but what they do have is really delicious and the staff is well-informed on what is and can be made vegan. The veggie chili and tostada grande are great. House-made cilantro salad dressing is vegan. I would love it if this place would add tofu sour cream and vegan soy cheese to the menu, but I don' t think the menu has changed in 20 years so I doubt it will happen.

Pros: great staff, strong margaritas, fresh food

Cons: no soy alternatives

Return to Albany Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has El Loco closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1500 times since Nov 2007.