El Jardin de la Casa Roja

446-1922

Calle General Pedro Silva 699, Miraflores District (at Araguez), Lima, Peru

A 100% vegetarian restaurant with vegan options. Located in the interior patio space of the Red House which is a lodging house. The patio is open air with a canopy over most of the tables and plenty of greenery. As of Spring 2015, serves lunch only and is all made-in-house from scratch. See Facebook page for the day's menu. Call with your order and to make reservations. There is no sign out front; just ring the bell for entry. Open Mon-Sat 12:30pm-4:00pm. Closed Sun.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, International, Spanish

First Review by maynard7

Nice place in the eastern part of Miraflores - Edit

Update March 2016: Meal of the day is still 12 soles. I arrived a few minutes before 100pm and I was the only customer there. Within 20 minutes all the tables were full. Today I got the salad campestre, which was great. The main plate was spaghetti a la Huancaina, which was average, at best. I only ate about half of it. I hope next time will be better. There was very little protein in this meal (they should know better).
-------------------------
This is a vegetarian restaurant located in the patio area of a lodging house (residents are usually exchange students, from what the owner told me). As of June, 2015 the meal of the day is 12 soles and comes with a choice of soup or salad, and then 2 choices for the main plate + drink and dessert. The day I went, I got the mixed salad, and then garbanzo balls with tomato sauce and whole grain rice. The food was pretty good and I hope to go back soon.

The patio area is very nice, with lots of trees and shrubs and birds chirping. It's a pleasant place to have lunch in what can be a noisy city. The owner walks around and talks to everyone, and the patrons all seem to know each other.

They post their daily menu choices on their Facebook page. Recommended if you are in this part of town.
Updated from previous review on Thursday June 04, 2015

Pros: Pleasant atmosphere

Return to Lima Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has El Jardin de la Casa Roja closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.