Lacto
Ovo
Mexican
Non-veg

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers 5 vegetarian tacos, 4 can be made vegan by omitting cheese. Relocated from
Calle Jose Mariscal 42. Open Mon-Sun 12:00pm-10:00pm.

Venue map for El Itacate
漏 OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by ChadHamre

veggies+sunshine

Points +131

05 Jan 2024

Tacos are cool!

The team at el itacate is warm, inviting, helpful, and fun! The food is beautifully prepared and presented! Get a hibiscus rose mezcalita, guacamole, and a few tacos!!

Updated from previous review on 2024-01-05

Pros: Beautiful presentation , Delicious ingredients , Loads of options

Cons: Nada

finding_taradise

Points +1386

16 Oct 2023

Huge portions

This is my favorite place to get vegan tacos in Sayulita. I usually get the jamaica, but tried the carrot (tinga) this visit too. Ordering one taco is really like getting two and that鈥檚 plenty for me with the amazing topping options. Don鈥檛 sleep on their agua fresca either! Yummmm all the way around. Great service and knowledgeable about vegan options.

Pros: Something for everyone, Big portions, Best toppings

Cons: Meat forward

JessGardnerShrosbree

Points +60

14 Jan 2023

4 good options

We tried all 4 vegan options! All very good. Husbands favorite was the mushroom. Mine was the carrot! #Veganuary

Pros: Delicious

JillWelch

Points +43

05 Aug 2022

Vegan tacos oh my!

The mushroom, veggie, & hibiscus flower tacos can all be made vegan. I loved the shrooms & hibiscus (seriously, so good), but found the veggie taco bland. Two tacos is plenty for one as they are huge!

Pros: Yummy vegan options

Cons: Street tables with lots of traffic , Shares grill with meat (it seems)

RachelFaller

Points +258

01 Apr 2022

Best vegan Jamaica (hibiscus) tacos鈥ver!

Been to sayulita several times and this is still our all time favorite vegan option. Ask for jamaica tacos without cheese

Pros: 1 vegan option that is out of this world good, A few other vegan tacos

Cons: Place is known for meat and cheese

EmilyDesJardins

Points +221

17 Oct 2021

Love the salsa

Guac was great. Salsas we鈥檙e the best. We got the veggie tacos with a side beans which don鈥檛 have lard or meat broth. The rice does so we didn鈥檛 get that, but the tacos were so filling. We had ordered two orders and had to pack the second one up. Weren鈥檛 amazing but healthy and filling which I appreciated

Pros: Great salsa , Great margaritas , Big portions

Cons: Not all vegan , Rice wasn鈥檛 Vegan, Tacos were anything too special

Lanngr

Points +88

16 May 2021

Yummmy

I like the vegan taco options here but they do lack a bit of flavour

Pros: Lovely staff, Big portions

ChristinaLeigh

Points +17

Vegetarian
26 Mar 2021

5 Delicious Veggie Taco Options

Hibiscus and raj谩s tacos are delicious! Other 3 good also, but hard to beat. :)

AlizabethAshlee

Points +631

24 Dec 2020

Flavorful & huge

Wow huge servings of a tacos. More pricer than some places but could easily fill up on 1 or 2. Love all the sauces & toppings they bring out as well. Deffiently a gem of a spot in Sayulita!

socalgal

xtalline

Points +91

08 Nov 2019

Delicious vegan tacos

This restaurant had about five vegetarian tacos, with at least four vegan options just by skipping the cheese. The tinga de zanahoria (carrot) was super good as well as the flor de jamaica (hibiscus flower, marinated). There was also a mushroom taco and a mixed veggie taco that were good. Everything was served with beans and roasted onions and six different salsas. 鈥楾was delicious. Definitely will be returning.

DaliaCarolinaLe贸n

Points +91

Vegetarian
10 Aug 2019

Buen铆simo

Cen茅 delicioso conocen el concepto vegano y vegetariano deben probar los de Jamaica

Pros: Michas opciones , Bien informados, Buena saz贸n

jasonxkeller

Points +437

22 Mar 2019

隆Incredible!

I wanted to give this place 5 stars. Jamaica tacos sounded intriguing, but they completely blew my mind. It exceeded my expectations in every way. Tacos are a teeny bit expensive(or so I thought) until you realize they bring you 6 salsas, beans, and grilled onion bites...and one giant taco is easily turned into two by using the second tortilla. I have a big appetite. I ordered one taco and shared nopales with my partner and I left satisfied.

Pros: Unique vegan options. , Creative menu, Lots of salsas!!!

Cons: Always better if it was vegan, but it was great.

VroniR

Points +464

05 Mar 2019

One of the best vegan tacos

I ordered the tacos with vegetables and with carrot and they were soo good!
I think there are one of my favourites in the world!
You can also put a variety of sauces, beans and onions on top!
I would put 5 stars if I could

Pros: Delicious

Cons: Smell of preparing meat

ChadHamre

Points +143

01 Jul 2018

My favorite spot in Sayulita!

The Jamaica tacos (with no cheese) are to die for.

Pros: Lots of vegan options.

Cons: Serves meat :(