El Doctorado Cafe Bar

Contact 34983305602

Av. Ramon y Cajal, Valladolid, Spain,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Bar cafe offering daily changing menu. Let staff know if you're vegan. Has soy milk and rice milk for coffee and smoothies. No vegan tapas in the afternoons (lunch); vegan tapa possibilities in the evening only.

Category: Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Spanish, Non-veg

First Review by magdagascar

no vegan food - Edit

I'm not sure how the other reviewer had such a great experience. The map loaded from HappyCow is wrong so I had a hard time finding the place. Then when I asked for vegan or vegetarian food the answer was a simple no. No veg tapas, no veg options of any kind.

Why did I find this on my last day in Spain. - Edit

I was visiting the University of Valladolid for a month. I was starving the entire time. Spain is not a VEGAN heaven. HAM is king there and nasty blood sausage is Queen. Long story short, on my last day at work, I walked across the street for some juice. I noticed they had soy milk. I notice that they had vegan food. My jaw dropped. I was just a few feet away from the one of the only vegan spots in Valladolid. When the staff found out I was vegan... they bent over backwards to feed me. I only had one experience there - but I do plan on returning the university... and when I do, I will make this cafe my second home.
Regarding the food. I would say it is OK. Nothing earth moving (however, after a month without a proper vegan meal... I thought the food was great). However, I know how hard it is to be vegan while traveling. So please support this place. Even if it is just for coffee and a snack. I think they serve a vegan brunch on Saturday and Sunday. They were telling me about it during my first visit.

Pros: THEY LOVE VEGANS, GREAT COFFEE

Cons: Crazy Spanish Hours , Limited food

Return to Valladolid Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has El Doctorado Cafe Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 873 times since Jul 2013.