El Desvan Taperia

( 1 review )
952-524351

3, Plaza de la Constitucion, Torrox Pueblo, Spain

Serves meat, vegan options available. A tapas bar located in the big plaza has a couple of vegan choices but please check in advance to be sure if they will be offered on the day of your visit. Outdoor seating in the picturesque Torrox town plaza. Open Mon-Sat 6:00pm-12:00am. Closed Sun.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Beer/Wine, Spanish, Andalusian, Tapas, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by Brok O. Lee

Fresh Tofu Available - Edit

Torrox Pueblo is a charming town with almost no options for vegans, so El Desvan Taperia is a refreshing change. You can get a tofu appetizer (make sure that there is no anchovy included), an eggplant appetizer, and a tofu main dish. The eggplant is supposedly a typical Andalusian tapa, but I found it in only a couple of places. It is finger-shaped pieces of eggplant dredged in flour and deep fried, then served with a molasses sauce. Even though I've never had a sweet eggplant dish before, it was surprisingly delicious. (Actually I have tasted a kind of eggplant jam that Moroccan Jews make in Israel, now that I think of it.)

The main dish had the freshest and most delicious tofu I have had since a trip to New York City a couple of years ago. The tofu was served with mushrooms, I believe, but I'm not sure now. The tofu itself was so wonderful, that's what I mainly remember of this dish.

For dessert, they had only fruit. But one cannot expect more in Andalusia, unless you go to a specifically vegan-friendly place in one of the bigger cities.

Pros: Delicious tofu, Good service

Cons: Few options for vegans

Return to Torrox Pueblo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has El Desvan Taperia closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.