El Cotorro

505-503-6202

111 Carlisle Blvd NE, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA, 87106

Serves meat, vegan options available. Mexican restaurant with vegan and vegetarian choices, including purslane and papita guisado tacos (vegan), nopales tacos (vegetarian but can be made vegan without the cheese), chips & salsa bar (vegan), chips and guacamole (vegan), frijoles side (vegan), elote (vegetarian), gelato (vegetarian). Open Mon-Sat 11:30am-8:00pm, Sun 5:00pm-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by AlexandraPhillips

Fresh & spicy tacos - Edit

Super good tacos. We got the vegan option (purslane, chard, potato) and they were really good and spicy. Also got some chips and guacamole which were both freshly made. Tried various salsas that were good as well. Good, quick service and reasonable prices. A little ice cream shop just opened in their building too. The manager is super friendly and they have some vegan options as well that are really good!

Pros: Delicious tacos, Fair prices, Ice cream shop

Delicious vegan options! - Edit

When we arrived in ABQ we thought we would have our pick of authentic veg friendly Mexican food. We were quite wrong! So many places could care less about vegans/vegetarians and it showed in their dishes. So, I was thrilled to find El Cotorro! We started off with their chips and salsa bar. The salsas were fresh, spicy, and full of flavor. We couldn't decide which ones we liked the most so we grabbed one of each. The chips were perfectly seasoned and clearly just made. We had the vegan tacos with avocado and the vegan frijole side. SO delicious! For drinks they have beer, Mexican coke, regular soda, and this amazing hibiscus tea. In addition to the great food, the restaurant itself is super cute! I loved the hanging lights, good music, and artwork. Parking can be a bit tricky (they don't have their own lot) but we were able to find a street space fairly easily on a Sunday night. I'm just sad I didn't find this place until our last week in ABQ. We definitely plan to go back before we leave though!

Pros: vegan tacos, friendly staff, vegan labels

Cons: limited parking

Return to Albuquerque Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has El Cotorro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.