El Chupacabra - West Seattle

Contact 206-933-7344

2620 Alki Ave SW, Seattle, Washington, USA, 98116

Serves meat, vegan options available. Mission style bar and Mexican food eatery. Vegan could get rice, beans, and faux meat, and for an up-charge vegan cheese substitution in enchilada, burrito, taco, and tamale.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by roxette521

Yumsters - Edit

We just happened to be seeing a movie near by and found out this place had so many vegan options! Great fake meat and cheese options. We got guacamole, salsa, bean dip and chips - so good and they keep it coming! My husband got a burrito w/ soy cheese no fake meat he really enjoyed it. I got a taco salad without fake meat as well w/ soy cheese and enchilada sauce so good! Though make sure to ask for the cheese melted because Daiya isn't good unless melted. Only thing I didn't like was the big upcharge for soy cheese. I will probably go without next time, wasn't worth it. Also had great beers on tap and prices weren't bad. Heard something about free jukebox - but when we were there we couldn't get it to work and whomever we asked about it didn't know how to work it.

Pros: lots of protein options, fresh guacamole! , friendly/fun

Cons: upcharge for vegans, crowded, loud

A pleasant surprise - Edit

It was getting late, everything was closing, and we were really hungry. We came in here with low expectations, hoping to score some beans and rice and maybe guacamole, because by the look of it you would never know that this place completely accommodates vegans. Every single entree on the menu could be made with one of several vegan meats, including Gardein, as well as with vegan cheese! We both got enchiladas with Daya cheese, and they were actually amazing! FYI margaritas were pretty low on alcohol.

Pros: Delicious

Return to Seattle Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has El Chupacabra - West Seattle closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.