First Review by Gado-Gado Gal

Good food and friendly service - Edit

This restaurant is upstairs... tables at the front overlook the street. There are several small dining rooms. I went here a couple of times in December 2011 and both times the food was very good. Both times the fixed meal of the day included soy milk, tea, soup, dessert, and a main plate with 4 items. They seem to pay attention to the nutritive value of the whole meal, and the food is nicely presented. Good flavors and a good price. The location is in the center of town. She told me they are open for lunch from noon to 300pm from Monday thru Saturday. Definitely worth a try!

Update: December 2012. I went twice in December and the first time the food was very basic, and actually forgettable. The second time they had veggie lasagna, brown rice, small salad, oatmeal veggie soup, small fruit dessert, soy milk and tea. There was a whole lot of carbs, but little protein. Hopefully I just picked the wrong days to go, but the food wasn't as good as last year.

Pros: Flavor, Price, Location

Warm atmosphere - Edit

We had a very nice lunch there today, with vegetable protein patties, curried vegetables, salad, and brown rice. The sopa de guineo was fresh and delicious. Dessert was bocadillo con queso. It also came we tea, and we opted for the almond milk. They also sell vegetable protein patties, sausages, etc. to take home. The staff were welcoming, letting us come in at 11:45am (Saturday) since we were hungry. We'll definitely go back!

Note, the sign isn't at street level, but is rather a banner that hangs from the second floor balcony. The door is reddish brown, with a bell near the top left corner of the door frame.

Pros: lots of vegetables, fresh & cooked, dairy free meals

Return to Pereira Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has El Champinon closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 498 times since Dec 2011.