El Centro

019-893-5499

Ground Floor, Lot 32, Jalan Haji Saman, Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia, 88000

Serves meat, vegan options available. Vegetarian friendly western style restaurant. Vegan options include hummus and naan, tofu/tempeh satay, and a Thai salad. Vegetarian options such as the veggie tacos, refried bean tacos, and the falafel wrap can easily be made vegan. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-12:00am.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Western, Mexican, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by Jensoper

Yummy food - Edit

Had falafel wrap and some platter with different stuff on it (hummus, eggplant, grilled veggies etc). Friend of mine ate all non vegan stuff and I had rest of it. I really enjoyed my meal after struggling with finding vegan foods in Langkawi.

Pros: they know what vegan and vegetarian means, very accommodating when you ask something , sugar on the side for the ice tea

Cons: could use more vegan options

Nope - Edit

If you're a vegetarian there's some choice, as a vegan not at all. Yes, of course, you can remove the cheese and the sauce, but then there's nothing tasty left. That's not what I call good vegan cooking.

I went for one of the only vegan options: hummus. Wasn't good. Tasted quite industrial, not like 'restaurant-hummus'. For main dish I ate the falafel wrap. Again, not good. Over-deep-fried so the whole structure was gone, had to have it without any sauce and also the feta removed, and with these factory-wraps... come on! Making wraps is the easiest thing in the world, it only takes some flour, salt and water and it's downright delicious... if you run a restaurant you can't possibly come up with vacuum packed wraps. I would be embarrassed to serve this to my friends coming over for dinner.

I go to a (locally quite pricey) restaurant to eat food from a professional cook that cooks better than I can. This I wouldn't even make myself on a sunday night when I'm too lazy to cook.

Pros: Central location

Cons: Bad food

Tacos in KK! - Edit

Finding bean based options was a really nice change from eating tofu and tempeh all the time. The servers understand vegan and can accommodate.

Return to Kota Kinabalu Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has El Centro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.