El Cafe Blueproject

• Friend
Contact 931824371

Carrer Princesa 57, Barcelona, Spain, 08003

Veggie cafe associated with Blueproject art foundation. The menu changes and is around 50% raw food with vegan and vegetarian. Serves wine without sulfite, and organic gin tonics are available. Artistic space filled with plants, has Wi-Fi. Tue-Sun 10:00am-8:00pm Closed Catalan free days.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Raw, Western, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Fusion

First Review by lovanely

lousy service - Edit

Didn't welcome us, we had to ask for a menu, we didn't get what we ordered and they didn't have patience to explain the morning deal.
In the end we had to pay more because they mislead us.

we didn't enjoy at all. 13 eur for a cake, mini sandwich and a tiny coffee. And all with a bad atmosphere.

Delicious hummus - Edit

This raw vegan cafe has superb snack food and breakfast (warning: served after 11 am). They use very fresh ingredients and they go the extra mile to prepare very flavorful dishes such as sprouted garbanzo beans hummus. They offer very nice lunch deals.

Good but not great - Edit

I tried the raw combination here, which was reasonably priced and interesting. It wasn't the best raw food I've ever had, and it probably wouldn't have impressed someone unused to raw-food - a fairly basic salad, a dip with some nice crackers, and a slightly too chewy raw burger. They also have non-raw options, which I would probably try if I came here again.

Pros: Friendly staff, Good range of food, Free wifi

Madre mía que rico!! - Edit

Comida vegana, sana y deliciosa. De lo mejor que he visto en Barcelona. Calidad excepcional a un precio justo. El local es acogedor y está cargado de energía positiva. El personal amable, profesional, mulitilingüe y con espíritu.

Delicious and healthy vegan food. One of the the best experiences I've had on Barcelona. Exceptional food for a fair price. The Cafe is full of possitive energy. Friendly, professional, plurilingual staff with nice spirit.

Pros: Todo/Everything

Cons: Mejor reservar/Reservation recommended

Taste explosion - Edit

We had no raw food experience at all when we came here and ended up eating here twice in our week in Barcelona. The food ist absolutely over the tops! The staff was very well informed and keen on helping us to decide. I wanted to try a wheatgrass shoot, but they said that when you're not used to it, wheatgrass can have a very heavy effect on your body and I should better not try it. Everything we ordered was simply amazing, I could hardly keep myself from moaning loudly! We took some recipe ideas home with us and tried them on the family. It was not as good as at Cafe Blueproject of course, but it definitely showed us how great and satisfying raw food can be. Don't miss this when your in Barcelona!

Pros: The food is oh-my-god, very helpful staff

Proyecto Azul is Born - Edit

My alternative title for this review was 'The Born Identity' just because I like to play with words. Anyway, I need to focus. El Cafe Blue Project is a sensational place in the beautiful Born are of Barca. It drips quality and class, but definitely not pretentiousness. The menu is practically vegan. We had the cashew nut cheese pizza and a tofu and avocado sandwich. Both were excellent, but the pizza was simply magical. That cashew nut cheese is something else. two glasses of white wine and a sparkling water brought the bill to a fair €21.50. The seating is informal with good space between tables. An open kitchen at the rear looks absolutely immaculate. The whole place is immaculate. I will be back.

Pros: huge vegan choice, cashew nut cheese, friendly staff

Excellent vegan food. - Edit

My husband and I recently had the pleasure of eating at El Cafe Blueproject in Barcelona, and what a treat it turned out to be!
We had already been in the city a week and were tiring of bland vegan burgers and hastily thrown together plates of salad. Imagine our delight to find a cafe which truly produced vegan fare to be proud of. There was a variety of dishes on the menu including very imaginative raw creations. My husband ordered a plate which provided a portion of every main course dish on the menu, and I ordered a salad, which turned out to be a masterpiece of culinary delight. All the dishes were exquisite and lovingly prepared by the chefs, Carlos and Christian.
After the main course, wonderful chocolates could be had, beautiful to look at and wonderful to taste. My husband had " The unforgettable cake of the day", a vegan cheesecake which truly lived up to its name.
We were extremely impressed with the thought that had gone into the preparation of everything and the atmosphere of the place which was comfortable and chic with the tables nicely spaced. A welcoming and warm environment in which to relax and eat at a leisurely pace.
The service was excellent and we were able to talk with the chefs afterwards which was a pleasure.
The prices were reasonable and we felt that we had had a fine dining experience which gave good value for money.
We would return there in a heartbeat and have no hesitation in recommending it, especially to vegans, who often find it difficult to eat quality food whilst on vacation.

Pros: Excellent food, Efficient service, Comfortable and stylish environment

great food - Edit

I was happy to find this place, it's located in the side of El Born and provides a fair variety of dishes. I had a cream soup and a pizza and both were delightful.

Pros: Excellent food

Cons: Expensive.

Beautiful plant-filled atmosphere - Edit

The coffee is delicious and the staff is friendly enough to let you use the big tables and convenient wifi and plugs for work projects. The snacks and treats are lovingly concocted and delicious as well. Unfortunately, small portion sizes and high prices mean that coffee is generally all I can ever get here - but I will nab a snack whenever I can!

The most amazing thing about this Cafe (besides the coffee), though, is the many beautiful and well-cared-for plants hanging from the ceiling, in corners, on the tables... along with the big windows in front, they give the space a really nice energy. It's a pleasure to spend time there.

Pros: beautiful plants, delicious coffee, nice place to get work done

Cons: portion size, price

Lovely nourishing & delicious food :) - Edit

We went here for lunch on a Sunday (when many other veg places were closed in Barcelona). The lady who welcomed us and served us was really lovely and friendly with perfect English.

It is a lovely restaurant with great decor and ambience :)

The menu was a bit limited with many things unavailable (not sure if they had run out or if it was because it was Sunday or lunch time?) but we chose the 3 course special including entree, main and dessert. My boyfriend and I thought everything was delicious except my starter of the raw soup - it was a raw ginger & pumpkin soup but tasted really bland - I couldn't taste any ginger or any flavour at all. Other than the soup everything was delicious! The olive dip and raw crackers were delightful! The raw chocolate beetroot dessert was delicious and my boyfriend had the cashew yoghurt dessert - super yummy too! For some reason I can't remember what we ordered for mains - but I remember them being good!!

I was most excited about them having fresh cold press juices on the menu. They made a fresh green juice for me the way I would make it at home - lots of vegetables and leafy greens and just a tiny bit of apple - which was great compared to most places that make a 'green juice' and it has nearly no greens and mostly fruit. So this was wonderful. They also make fresh wheatgrass shots which I ordered one of - delicious and made me feel amazing! So good to get healthy nourishing food and drink while travelling - made me feel great! :)

I would highly recommend this restaurant and would definitely go back! :)

Pros: Fresh cold press juice & wheatgrass shot, Desserts & mains, Lovely staff, good decor & ambience

Great Location! - Edit

The place had a very nice interior but we sat at the small table on the street to watch the world go by. It is located centrally, right beside the beautiful public park.
We only stayed for drinks but the service was good and the menu looked interesting.

Pros: Location, Service

Cons: Price

Authentic Raw Food - Edit

I have chosen this place for my birthday lunch last weekend and did not regret it. My first impression was that this place is really authentic and cares about good food.

We ordered three courses - mostly raw: salad with homemade onion crackers, pizza, spaghetti, cake. We loved them all, except for the spaghetti. they were a bit too bland for my taste but after we asked for some spice they tasted great as well. My husband ordered a (cooked) risotto, which tasted great, too.

We were also really surprised that the delicious cakes did not taste too sweet. As we quit sugar some years ago and are not used to oversweetened food anymore it is hard to find desserts in restaurants we like. Even the raw ones are very often way too sweet. These ones here tasted just like the ones I make myself.

At the bar you can have have a gluten free cookie and also a raw vegan brownie.

Staff is very friendly and although the café was packed when we arrived they did not show they were stressed.

I can recommend this place to anyone who loves vegan food, especially for the raw vegans this place is a must.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday May 12, 2015

Pros: good choice of raw food, good quality food, authentic vegan atmosphere

Cons: only one small outside table

Nice place - Edit

This was our first lunch in Barcelona and it was very lovely. Apart from the awful sangria :/ the whole meal was really nice and tasty.
Very close to Camp Nou, easy to find. The waiters are very friendly!
We went on a saturday and found that the menu was quite expensive.

Pros: Food, Service

Cons: Expensive , Sangria

Perfect lunch! - Edit

I went for the weekend to visit friends and family and decided to give a try to this place as they opened just after I moved. WOW. My sister and cousin are not vegetarian and enjoyed every dish to the point we had a laugh therapy seasion all over as they got overjoyed. I am sure the quality and love on the food got into the atmosphere of our conversation and it showed. Willbe going everytime I go back to Barcelona and try the take away! Price is very good and portions more than enough, being live food it really nourish and fuels you for the day without overeating.

Great job guys, sorry for the neverending laughs :) but it was just the effect of our beautiful food

Pros: Great food, very nourishing, Atmosphere and staff, Location

Good quality - Edit

This is a good place to visit as a café, with a laidback atmosphere and good quality food. The location is good for those visiting the nearby Ciutadella Park, the prices were reasonable and this was one of the few places we found were open on Sunday for a late breakfast. We had to wait 10 minutes for our sandwiches because they had no bread at the time but we were happy with that, particularly as the bread we got was totally fresh because of this.

Pros: Relaxed, Good food

Raw vegan choice - Edit

Amazing place, must be visited by every raw vegan. I have tried awesome wheatgrass shot in the bar and took a "take-out" cup of carrot juice. Then we wished to have a nice dinner there but when we came back the cafe was almost closed because in works only till 8 p.m.
The prices are moderate.

Pros: English menu & English-speaking waiter, raw dishes, wheatgrass juice

Cons: closes at 8 p.m.

fine cuisine - Edit

The staff is very friendly and professional, the decoration very clean and neat, the choice of dishes also is something very different from other veg places I've visited. The raw-food concept is taken into account in this beautiful spot near Ciutadella Park. I've tried the lunch menu option with a selection of flavors. Maybe little close to be too expensive for my standards, but worth the visit.

Pros: raw food options, location

Cons: difficult to go through the menu

Raw, Vegan, Organic. Yes, Yes, Yes!! - Edit

Raw, Vegan, Organic. What more can you ask for?
Great service? Yes! Friendly staff? Yes! Nice interior? Yes!
Good vibes? Yes! A talented and creative and spritual chef? Yes! I absolutely love this place! It`s my favourite restaurant in Barcelona.

Amazing raw vegan food - Edit

This is the place you need to go in Barcelona if you like raw vegan food, you will not be disappointed

The kitchen is run by Javier Medvedovsky, a great raw vegan chef:

100% recommended!

Pros: Taste, Friendly staff

Nice lunch - Edit

I liked this place a lot. The lunch menu is full of interesting selections, and it was one of the better meals I had in Barcelona. The burger was very tasty and everything was well made. Portions not huge, but fair. Menu changes daily, though there is an a la carte selection as well.

Great raw food! - Edit

Just beside the Ciutadella park. My girlfriend and I were the only customers and the staff were very friendly to explain the dishes to us. I had the raw sandwich that seems to be the main dish. The "bread" was awesome. My girlfriend had a different one with cheese and she said it was really good too.
I'd definitely come back.

GReat food great place - all for a good cause!! - Edit

Found this El Cafe blueproject here on Happy Cow and loved it. Very tasty food, good presentation and good choices. We took the menu and liked it a lot. The earl greay aterwards was also super tasty...
all organic and the staff is really friendly and caring!!
Wishing you many happy (cow) customers!!

Pros: Choice, Taste, Presentation

Cons: Far from Portugal!

Propuesta única en RAW FOOD en Barcelona - Edit

Blue Project es un proyecto interesante que apuesta por la comida crudi-vegana. Sabores intensos, bien preparados. A destacar la pizza crudivegana. Para una primera experiencia, recomendaría el plato degustación. No es low-budget, pero la relación calidad-precio es muy buena teniendo en cuenta el esfuerzo que hay detrás de cada plato. Algunos de los platos del menú, como los bocadillos, podrían ser mejorados. Buena atención por parte de los camareros. Recomendamos reservar porque siempre está lleno.

Pros: Raw-food, Healthy, Location

Cons: Small portions

Cafe Blueproject - VERY VERY GOOD - Edit

Great and simple Cafe/Restaurant and Art Galerie, very good and nice atmosphere ...

Pros: very friendly people, very very good food, feel-good atmosphere

Cons: It is not in my home town Dresden...

Delicious Vegan Food - Well Worth the Visit - Edit

Our dinner meal at the Blueproject cafe exceeded our expectations on all counts. Simple but elegant setting, a menu with multiple gourmet vegan and raw options, friendly service and the food - artful presentation and very tasty. Would go back again every time when visiting Barcelona!

Una explosión de sabor, muy refinado sin ser caro - Edit

Un personal amable y un menu variado con sabores riquísimos y nuevos. Todos los platos están curados en el detalle, y la presentación es exquisita.
El precio es abordable para todos bolsillos, además contribuyendo a un proyecto cultural responsable.
De paso además se pueden visitar las exposiciones, gratuita la de fuera y 3€ la de dentro... que valen la pena.
Updated from previous review on Sunday October 13, 2013
------------------------------------------
A friendly staff and a varied menu with delicious flavors and new. All dishes are cured in the detail, and the presentation is exquisite.
The price is affordable for all budgets, plus contributing to a cultural project responsible.
From step further you can visit the exhibition free of outside and inside 3 € ... worthwhile.

Pros: Comida exquisita, Rodeado por cultura y arte, Espacio cálido y acogedor

Cons: Solo abre al mediodía

RAWMAZING!!!! - Edit

The only Raw food I found in Barcelona and its all organic!!! It also has other cooked food options and Vegan options. I LOVE "sandwich amor"!

Pros: really good food, friendly smily staff, great design

Cons: needs more tables!, small terrace seating

Return to Barcelona Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has El Cafe Blueproject closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 11415 times since Oct 2013.