Restaurante El Ameyal

Contact 52-624-1444799

Carretera Transpeninsular Km 3.5, El Tezal, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Previously a vegetarian restaurant, now with a separate menu only, it's located within a holistic spa resort, 2 miles from Cabo San Lucas. Varied menu, mostly vegan, uses many organic ingredients. Offers a fixed lunch menu.

Category: Vegan-friendly, International, Juice bar, Non-veg

First Review by andreafbe

Beware - No Longer Vegetarian - Edit

The stay was decent, with very spacious apartment with a good kitchen etc. However, it is bit far from the town, missing the action...

The only reason why we selected nevertheless was because we thought it was a vegetarian hotel. But the hotel was closed for sometime after Odile Hurricane in 2014, and when it reopened, they started with a menu that includes meat... We were so disappointed to know this, but the staff were friendly and we could get some decent vegan options...

But next time if we visit Cabo, there is no way we will stay at this place. We will find something near the main town area...

Cheap, delicious, close to the action - Edit

A five minute drive away from Medano beach (Mango Deck, Casa Dorada, Bahia Hotel) toward San Jose del Cabo and across the street from Costco is "El Ameyal". Huge signs outside read "Vegetarian Restaurant".

The restaurant is in the middle of the hotel, next to the pool and the spa under a big canopy. The waiting staff is very nice and accompdating and the music serene and inviting.

The executive menu is a steal for this area. For only 89 pesos we had a four-course meal of cantaloupe carpaccio, oatmeal and vegetable soup, stuffed portobello with salad, and dry fruit. We came back the next day and had a different four-course meal with tavos and pozole this time. We came back a third time for dinner this time. There was no set menu, so we ordered a la carte. We had awesome plantain ceviche, a mushroom dish and a brick oven pizza with veg chorizo and lots of veggies.

Although some of their dishes have dairy, there are tons of vegan options. We truely enjoyed this eating experience and would recommend it to anyone who wants traditional Mexican food sans the cruelty.

Pros: Waiting staff, Large dishes, Cheap

Cons: Location

A surprise tucked away near Costco - Edit

I've been coming to Cabo for years and only recently noticed a hotel kitty-corner across the road from Costco that offers a vegetarian restaurant. I've eaten at this restaurant twice so far and have been impressed both times. It sits at the back of this small hotel (which goes by the same name) by the pool. My husband and I are both vegan and the food is billed as vegetarian but they can easily accommodate vegans. They have a regular menu you can order from (salads, some entrees, things like that) but have a daily lunch special that they seem to steer everyone to. For about $6 US you get an app or soup, and entree and a giant pitcher of juice. I'm pretty sure I couldn't buy all the veggies/fruit needed to make that much juice for what they are charging for the entire meal and the portions are well sized (but not huge for big eaters). The flavor combinations for both the juice and the food have been interesting and creative. Everything is very fresh. They serve a bread that they make on site that is very tasty (they do try to serve it with butter though). I highly recommend trying this place. It is a surprise tucked away right off the 4-lane and worth the stop.

Pros: Great juice, Great food, Nice service

Return to Cabo San Lucas Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Restaurante El Ameyal closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2820 times since May 2011.