First Review by mrukz

Good Enough - Edit

We did quite a vegan shopping there, and we found the basic food any vegan would look for. There were more vegan options here than what we could find in Stockholm. Of course, the only problem is that this store sells animal products, too.

Vegan friendly - Edit

As a visitor to Gothenburg looking for somewhere to buy some supplies for a picnic - seitan slices, vegan sandwich fillings and other bits, I found what I needed at this store. I didn't think their vegan selection was that bad (as other reviews) but as said, I was a tourist rather than a resident. So I'd recommend it - It's a big, clean store with a good choice.

Somewhat limited for vegans - Edit

While I would visit it if in the area, it has a limited selection for vegans compared to Fram and Gröna Boden.

I liked some of their sandwich spreads and there is stuff there you don't find elsewhere, but not a place I'd go to in order to stock up.

Pros: Organic foods, Interesting items

Cons: Limited vegan selections

Great source of veg cheese and health food product - Edit

Recommended. As the other review says things are clearly labelled in the deli - when the products in the fridge weren't clear (if you don't speak Swedish) friendly staff checked the labels for me (i.e. of the fetta).

Pros: cheese, good range, yummy stuff

It's all about the cheese baby! - Edit

Ekostore has a great deli with wide selection of cheeses made with vegetarian rennet---one of the main reasons why I am a frequent customer myself. I like Ekostore for its friendly staff and interesting selection. Ekostore seems to be getting most of its supplies from Germany, where the organic food production seems to be much more developed than here, in Sweden.

Pros: Cheese, Deli

Return to Gothenburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: ekostore closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2957 times since Jan 2009.