EiO & The HIVE

( 1 review )
615-203-0433

5304 Charlotte Ave, Nashville, Tennessee, USA, 37209

Serves meat, vegan options available. Serves organic and locally sourced food. Located in the heart of the Charlotte Avenue corridor area of West Nashville. The globally inspired menu offers vegan items (not clearly labeled), such as all juices/blends/elixirs, acai bowls, not yo mama's flapjacks, hot power bar, tabbouleh hoagie, caesar salad, all sides, a reuben, a chopped salad, tropic thunder, all of the make-your-own-bowl and make-your-own-broth options. Open Mon-Fri 7:00am-9:00pm, Sat 9:00am-9:00pm, Sun 9:00am-3:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Fusion, globally inspired, offers gluten-free, offers vegetarian, offers paleo, fast-casual, healthy living, local, sustainable , Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by happycowgirl

Mixed Feelings - Edit

The menu pisses me off because instead of labeling items vegan or vegetarian they label them "plant-based". First, being plant-based is wonderful but on a menu it's use is vague at best and misleading at worst. I want to be able to look at the menu and in an instant know what is vegan so I know what I can order. If none of the vegan items appeal to me, then I keep looking to see if I can veganize something else. Second, labeling items "plant-based" instead of "vegan" is regressive. It's like going back to the days when only vegetarian items on a menu were marked. Third, we've worked for years to have the general public understand the basic definitions of what "vegetarian" and "vegan" mean. Many people still do not know. I hope introducing a third term "plant based" on menus doesn't do more harm than good. Ok. Rant over. Lol

The awesome thing about this place is they use the highest quality, most local, organic, sustainable ingredients available. They compost 95% of all restaurant waste, recycle 4% and send less than 1% to the landfill.

They don't have enough vegan items on the menu. That said, the design-your-own bowls are truly gourmet. And HUGE. I highly recommend the smoothies and juices. They also have hazelnut milk and cashew milk which is awesome!

Return to Nashville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has EiO & The HIVE closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.