8ablish Cafe - Eightablish

Contact 03-67533316

1-7-11 1F Takaban, Meguro, Tokyo, Japan, 1520004

Vegan cafe est. 2014 by the owners of Purecafe. Offers a variety of fresh baked goods like bread, muffins, and pies; plus prepared sandwiches and hand-poured coffee. Staff speaks English. Short walk from Gakugeidaigaku station. Open Mon-Sat 9:00am-5:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Japanese, Western, Bakery

First Review by cathbert

Best vegan restaurant in Japan! - Edit

I can't believe this place doesn't have better reviews! I was in Tokyo for ten days on my honeymoon and my vegan husband and I both ate here 3 times! There are a lot of other nice vegan restaurants but this one was the only place we felt like we were getting a special meal, not just an ordinary bento box (which you'll find at most vegan restaurants). The flavor was amazing for every dish we had. The atmosphere is also beautiful. And the waiters speak English pretty well/they have an English menu. I'd highly recommend coming here! But, if you're used to English sized portions, just know that everything is going to be small no matter where you go. I recommend getting an appetizer, soup or salad, and a main. It's actually better this way because you get to try more food without leaving stuffed!

Pros: Delicious

Very fancy vibe, good food - Edit

A very nice place, kinda hard to find, with a fancy atmosphere, nice staff and good food, not great but definitely good!

Pros: English menu, great vibe! good time!

Cons: A bit expensive for the food quality, we would sti

Amazing staff and interior design but bland food - Edit

I gotta give credit to the staff for providing a nice culinary experience, but once I got to eating the food I was flabbergasted at how small the portions and bland it tasted. I am very used to doing cooking at home so these "European" dishes were very bland. They are in serious need for improving their dishes to stand out.

Pros: Nice Staff, Great Atmosphere and interior

Cons: Worst value for price

Stylish... but disappointing. - Edit

Great location and nice ambiance, but food was disappointing and maybe overpriced for its quality.

Surprisingly poor service - Could they not have found staffs who are more welcoming and knowledgeable in what they serve?

Pros: Location

Cons: Poor service, Poor food, expensive

not that great! - Edit

The place has a nice ambience and food comes plated with some thought. However the food comes in very small quantities and the taste is not that great. Their other cafe, Pure cafe, does much better when it comes to tasty food.
their cheese dessert tasted of metal and when I told them after a miniscule taste, they took it away but charged me full price despite the fact that i ordered another dessert to replace this one.

Pros: ambience

Cons: food

er200 05 May 2016 - I agree 8ablish has a good ambience, I don't really like the food there.

Return to Tokyo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has 8ablish Cafe - Eightablish closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.