Efsane Cig Kofte

Contact 0176-31654804

Landwehrstr 72, Munich, Germany, 80336

All the food served is 100% vegan; the drink ayran is the only non-vegan item. Menu consists of spicy bulgur dumplings in either a durum or a salad version with a pomegranate sauce. Opened February 2015. Open Mon-Wed 11:00am-9:00pm, Thu-Sat 11:00am-11:00pm, Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Fast food, Delivery, Take-out, Turkish

First Review by catha

Spicy but tasty - Edit

There seemed to be a few of these cig kofta places in Munich, all veggie, but I wasn't sure what they were - thought maybe falafel? It's more like a spicy paste, which can be spread on a wrap, or served as little nuggets. The chap here was extremely helpful, and explained (in great English) what we could have. We both ordered the large wrap, which consisted of the spicy paste and lots of fresh salad, wrapped in a tortilla. It was really tasty, but the large was much too big (even though we were both really hungry) and, despite the fact we'd asked for not too much spice, by the time we got to the end, our mouths were on fire! But we're pretty tame when it comes to spicy food. My partner didn't like the fact there was so much fresh dill in his wrap, but mine was just right. Overall, I would eat here again (nice location for people-watching in the sun) as the wrap was tasty, fresh and inexpensive. But i would go small!

Pros: Tasty food, Inexpensive, Nice location

Cons: Quite spicy

A very nice vegan dinner - not what we expected - Edit

Not what we expected because the word Köfte is part of the name, so I was expecting a cooked ball in sauce.

After eating, researched it and found it's a paste made from burger wheat, walnuts, chilli peppers, oil & herbs. The non-Turkish (not sold here) version is made from raw meat! The paste is pressed onto a flat bread, topped with herbs, lettuce, lemon & pomegranate syrup, then rolled up. We had the 25cm version with 125g of paste, but they also do 30cm with 200g of paste. All 4 of us found the smaller one very filling. There are both mild (slightly spicy) & spicy versions and I found the latter fine.

Service isn't hugely fast simply because each wrap takes time to make and it's done with care.

A perfect place to have a quick dinner! - Edit

Staff is very friendly and smiling, which is a good starting point :)
I really love the kofte they make, very tasty in a durum with fresh vegetables and herbs. It is a bit spicy, with lemon and pomegranate juice, and makes a meal by itself.
I've been there several times and will go there again without any doubt.

Pros: Very bright colours and tastes, Friendly staff, Cheap

Cons: Not too much choice (not a problem for me)

Return to Munich Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Efsane Cig Kofte closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1778 times since Mar 2015.