First Review by Qtea

A disappointment due to bad service - Edit

I was recommended Eetcafe Ceramique for a celebratory dinner of my graduation with my parents and brother, whom are not vegans (I wanted to go somewhere where we could all easily find something from the list). I should not have listened for this recommendation! The atmosphere was good and the food was quite tasty, but the service was very bad. I took one of the dishes that can be veganised, but... there was a cup of sour cream in the middle of the dish! When I asked the waiter about it, she said "oops" and took it off my plate. Afterwards she brought a cup of pico de gallo to my plate, and just sneakily put it on without an apology (I felt bad, because I dipped my fork to the sour cream to know if it was vegan or not). Furthermore it is annoying if a dish is veganised by changing one of the components. Sour cream can be acquired vegan, and it would fit the dish a lot better than pico de gallo, since the bean sauce with rice I had was very spicy. Also the starter was weird: different hummuses but the bread in the restaurant was not vegan... and the only vegan dessert was sorbet. The dessert was very sour (lemon sorbet with rhubarb chutney). Thus: the starter was nice but vegan bread would make eating it nicer. The main course was tasty but the bad service kind of ruined it for me, and the dessert was a miss - could have left it out. I wanted to like this place, but especially since it was such a big evening for me, the bad service ruined it for me.

Pros: A few vegan dishes

Cons: Bad service, Dishes are veganised by changing their components

Return to Maastricht Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Eetcafe Ceramique closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.