Eetcafe Ceramique

0433252097

Rechstraat 78, Maastricht, Netherlands, 6221 EL

Serves meat, vegan options available. Has specific vegan dishes, and any dish that can be made vegan is labeled. Aims to source sustainable ingredients. Open Mon-Sun 5:30pm-10:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Western, European, Non-veg

First Review by Qtea

Great local vegan meals - Edit

Great restaurant with local specialties but than vegan and vega. Friendly staff; but you have to reserve.

Pros: Lots of choice, Vegan and vega, Friendly staff

Cons: Busy

Good quality food - Edit

Very pleased with the food that was served. And instead of Soy milk they have Oat milk to make a cappuccino!! So glad that there is a different plantbased option because, even though I am vegan, I can not drink Soy milk. I got a very VERY good Appetizer and a nice main dish that was served with french fries and vegan mayo that I found very good and thoughtful.

We did not have a dessert because we were full with the good food and really wanted another CAPPOATCCINO ;)

The fact that I can eat vegan and my boyfriend meat in the same restaurant is for me very important and they delivered.

Pros: nice location, vegan options

very tasty - Edit

The food is tasty. Have been here many times, tried many dishes. Luckily they veganize some of the vegetarien dishes. So more options available. It's great they try to use many local products. Unfortunately they only have 1 vegan dessert.

HennieFrissen 25 Jun 2017 - Merci!

A disappointment due to bad service - Edit

I was recommended Eetcafe Ceramique for a celebratory dinner of my graduation with my parents and brother, whom are not vegans (I wanted to go somewhere where we could all easily find something from the list). I should not have listened for this recommendation! The atmosphere was good and the food was quite tasty, but the service was very bad. I took one of the dishes that can be veganised, but... there was a cup of sour cream in the middle of the dish! When I asked the waiter about it, she said "oops" and took it off my plate. Afterwards she brought a cup of pico de gallo to my plate, and just sneakily put it on without an apology (I felt bad, because I dipped my fork to the sour cream to know if it was vegan or not). Furthermore it is annoying if a dish is veganised by changing one of the components. Sour cream can be acquired vegan, and it would fit the dish a lot better than pico de gallo, since the bean sauce with rice I had was very spicy. Also the starter was weird: different hummuses but the bread in the restaurant was not vegan... and the only vegan dessert was sorbet. The dessert was very sour (lemon sorbet with rhubarb chutney). Thus: the starter was nice but vegan bread would make eating it nicer. The main course was tasty but the bad service kind of ruined it for me, and the dessert was a miss - could have left it out. I wanted to like this place, but especially since it was such a big evening for me, the bad service ruined it for me.

Pros: A few vegan dishes

Cons: Bad service, Dishes are veganised by changing their components

HennieFrissen 25 Jun 2017 - Please can we start all over again?

Today 2 tables mentioned happy cow.
We received a mail yesterday. From happy cow. So they do good things,
and the reason a lot off people looking to our listing is that we do something good.
So these old reviews are setting us back again. While we grew in quality off cooks and recipes . It's the first time I see these reviews and we are surprised because we got al lot good smiles and thank you's. But we also not finished. We have to create a nice vegan dessert. We are open for suggestions. We presented our new Summer menu last weekend.
I hope you can feel my response correct and that we promote us as a vegetarian, vegan, fish meat and sustainable "restaurant". Since 1993.
Hennie. owner off Eetcafe Ceramique.

Boring health food - Edit

Their vegan dessert option is a sorbet.

Cons: Although they promote themselves as vegetarian, th, Health food

HennieFrissen 25 Jun 2017 - Please can we start all over again?

Today 2 tables mentioned happy cow.
We received a mail yesterday. From happy cow. So they do good things,
Hennie. owner off Eetcafe Ceramique.

Return to Maastricht Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Eetcafe Ceramique closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.