Edible Flours

Contact 604-734-8351

2280 West Broadway (at /between Vine & Yew), Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, BC V6K 2E3

A vegan cafe with teas, coffees, cakes etc. & a store now. Open-concept kitchen and living room style seating area. Offers wheat, gluten, soy, and sugar free options. Moved from 2396 West 7th Ave. Tue-Sat 10:00am-6:00pm, Sun 11:00am-4:00pm

Category: Vegan, Organic, Delivery, Bakery

First Review by GraceTheVegan

Satisfied my sweet tooth - Edit

I didn't realize at first that this was an all-vegan bakery. A lot of their products are free of certain allergens or adhere to some dietary practices (IE gluten-free, soy-free, refined sugar-free, etc.) and these are clearly labelled in the display. There is also a small grocery section with Dandies, vegan candy bars, gummy candy and drinks.

I chose to get a strawberry frosted cupcake and sandwich cookie. The cupcake wasn't sickly sweet and was moist and delicious. The sandwich cookie was a lot sweeter and yummy as well. My boyfriend enjoyed his cheese croissant (which was made with Daiya). He doesn't like overly sweet desserts so he enjoyed the chocolate cake he had. The icing was a little gritty probably due to the type of sugar they use but I didn't mind it at all.

Pros: Delicious cupcakes, Grocery section, Friendly staff

Cons: Not much seating

Yummy cupcakes - Edit

We got here a little late, not knowing they were almost about to close, so the choice was very reduced! Still, the chocolate cupcake was to die for. I would definitely come back earlier on the day in order to have more choice. Nice selection of herbal teas too, and agave syrup available :)

OK - Edit

Maybe I went on a bad day, but there were very few pastry options to choose from and the ones that were there did not look appealing enough to purchase.

I tried a chocolate truffle. It was good, but very disappointed that there was no vegan milk chocolate.

Delicious Desserts! - Edit

I came here to buy some tasty treats for my friends birthday and everyone thought they were delicious. I tried their gluten-free donuts and regular donuts, both were delicious. I tried their tasty cookies (which the bakery dude...sorry, I forgot your name...threw in for free because I was filling up my basket quick) and cupcakes too! Oh there was also a peanut butter mud pie that was my friend's favorite. I would have purchased a cake but it was last minute and they bake their cakes to order. Everything I had was baked that morning and tasted absolutely delicious. Best thing about it all was that it was vegan! I am definitely going back again :)

Vegan Dessert! - Edit

It is so wonderful to see so many vegan bakeries opening up worldwide.

I am not a huge sweets lover, but I was in the mood to try this vegan bakery.

I ordered the Blueberry Scone, Moca Cake, and
the Croissant.

After eating the blueberry scone, I remembered that I was never much of a fan of traditional scones. I find them too dry and sweet for my taste. This scone certainly tasted like what I remember scones to taste like.

The moca cake was moist, fresh, and delicious. The croissant was average in my opinion.

The display case had some amazing looking desserts, and if you have a sweet tooth, this is your place.

I am giving this 5 stars, as it is as good or better than any vegan bakery I have been to.

Pros: Delicious cakes

The Best Vegan Bakery - Edit

This is hands down the best place in Vancouver for Vegan Baked Goods. Everything I have ever eaten here has been amazing, and my husband and I have really indulged on each trip we've made.

We've tried everything from the cinnamon buns - excellent - the the various flavors of cupcakes - amazing! - to the cookies, brownies, bars, blondies, and doughnuts - all exquisite. We've had their artisan chocolates, and their truffles which are also amazing. Dark Chocolate and Passionfruit anyone? How can you go wrong. I've also tried their croissants which are pretty good, the cheese one is very realistic, perhaps too realistic for me, but it's such a novelty to find a vegan croissant that one simply can't pass up the opportunity.

Every time my husband and I visit we splurge, and we have never been disappointed. Other nice bonuses are that though the cafe is located in a busy area it's rather quite and peaceful. Great atmosphere, parking is usually pretty easy, and it's right on the bus route if you can't make it by car. The staff has always been nice, and friendly, it's the kind of place you feel welcome, and they offer a nice selection of teas and coffees as well.

Pros: Amazing Baked Goods , Unique Baked Goods , Friendly Staff

Fantastic Bakery - Edit

If you haven't visited Edible Flours, run, don't walk, as fast as you can over there! Every product I've tried have been better than I thought it would be. Their cinnamon buns, while outshined visually by the other gorgeous items in their case, are melt in your mouth fantastic, a must have! I've tried their many flavours of cupcakes, cookies, cookie sandwiches (yum!!) and chocolate filled croissant. I've also had their artisan chocolates, which were fantastic. They've recently been selling vegan grocery items that are hard to come by in Canada, such as Dandies, and vegan peanut butter cups I've only ever seen in the US.

Pros: Price is right, Friendly staff/owner, Hard to find items

Cons: NOTHING!

Edible indeed - Edit

A vegan bakery - Should I say more? Well, the croissants are brilliant and so are the chocolates. It's also very decently priced.

Pros: Unique vegan items, inexpensive, quiet and pleasant

Cons: Some sweets are too sweet, More flavours would be welcome

Awesome vegan baked goods - Edit

Edible flours has some of the best vegan baked goods I've had, and I've traveled all over north america visiting vegan restaurants. The cinnamon roll was amazing as were the cookies. The place isn't very big, but is nice to hangout if you can get a table.

Great for a Treat - Edit

Stopped in here while visiting Vancouver. Really yummy stuff. Good coffee, the cinnamon buns were great and the pumkin cupcake was delicious. Definitely recommend it for a light treat. Really nice to have a dessert place where everything is vegan.

Pros: Good prices, Tasty food, Cute decor

Cons: Open limited hours, Not in Downtown area

A vegan paradise - Edit

Oh man. I love this place. Their cupcakes and cakes are sooo good!. I also love their cinnamon buns! Especially the raspberry one - PURE HEAVEN! LOVE IT LOVE IT! I`m not too crazy about their cookies... but the rest is just amazing.

Pros: excellent food, excellent food, excellent food

Cons: a little too pricey

Also makes to order cakes! - Edit

We don't go to Edible Flours too often because the cakes are delicious but rich. The cupcakes are consistently moist and creamy, even the gluten free ones. The flavours change on a daily basis. Edible Flours did my birthday cakes (coconut, very subtle and real tasting) and our wedding cakes, including a gluten free option that everyone really enjoyed. As a bonus, there are croissants that taste amazing and I have waited so long for vegan croissants! The cinnamon rolls are very fresh and light at the same time. Everything so far has been amazing and we're pretty picky about what we eat!

Pros: vegan croissants!, amazing moist cakes, gluten free options

Run don't walk! - Edit

My husband and I absolutely LOVE this place. So far we've had the "cheese" croissant - so moist flaky and delicious - we really don't know how he does it. We've also had the cinnamon bun (twice) which is incredible, two different cupcakes, both moist and incredibly decadent desserts. And finally, the GF chocolate donut: Baked to perfection. It was so moist and delicious, I really couldn't believe it was gluten free and vegan. The owner of this place is truly brilliant, and very kind, and we're floored every time we go there.

Pros: Good value, great atmosphere, delicious desserts!

Fabulous bakery! - Edit

I am not one for baked goods, but my friends brought me here because it is their favourite spot for cupcakes. I love how they outline which treats have nuts, soy, gluten and sugar... I was so curious about their gluten-free and refined sugar-free matcha cupcake made with chickpea and fava bean flour... and it was delicious! Their location is kind of out of the way which is probably a good thing, otherwise I would be eating my way through loads of cupcakes. :) I still curious about their vegan croissants, though.... :)

Edible Flours - Edit

I think I made the mistake of ordering the cookie brownie sandwich, it was dry and hard. It was more of a novelty thing for me being that I never get to have cookie sandwiches. I only wish I had been smart enough to order the cinnamon roll, it was incredibly tasty (I had a sample). The owner was very nice, the bakery is entirely vegan, the ambiance was great (it's very modern), and the cinnamon roll was fantastic - those things alone warrant 4 cows.

Fabulous! - Edit

It's about time Vancouver had a vegan bakery! Edible Flours is conveniently located on West Broadway right on several major bus routs. The owner posts photos of new items every day on Facebook and there area way too many items to pick from that it's hard to say what my favorites are but if I had to choose, it would definitely be the cinnamon buns, the brownie cookie sandwich and the passion fruit truffles.

Pros: cater to people with allergies, convenient location, variety of sweets

Cons: not open for the morning commute, would be nice if they had soy lattes

Delicious - Edit

Their maple-vanilla mini cupcakes were great and their chocolate peanut butter mini bars tasted exactly like reeses peanut butter cups. The whole-wheat donuts were too healthy tasting for me. The chocolate chip cookie was amazing though. Overall it was great, with nice classy modern decor. I'm so glad Vancouver has a vegan bakery!

Return to Vancouver Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Edible Flours closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 7977 times since Apr 2011.