Eden Pittsburgh

Contact 412-802-7070

735 Copeland St, Lower Level, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA, 15232

Serves meat, vegan options available. Seasonal menus with vegetarian, vegan, and raw food items. When it first opened was all-vegetarian but since has added chicken option (on web menu Feb 2016). Mon 5:00pm-10:00pm, Wed-Sun 5:00pm-10:00pm, Sat-Sun 10:00am-2:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Raw, Fusion, BYO, Non-veg

First Review by pepperka

Rude Staff - Edit

Not fully vegetarian even, which makes no sense to me. The food was good. Especially the broccoli and "cheese" soup. But it's expensive crowded and loud, and we had a bad experience the last time we went:

We went for brunch on a Sunday or Saturday. Apparently we needed to call ahead. It was so crowded. The guy at the front told us it would be an hour wait. We thought about it and decided we were willing to wait. My boyfriend gave him his phone number. Now my boyfriend is from Rhode Island. The first 3 digits of his phone number are the RI area code, 401. So we left and walked around for close to two hours and he never called us! We came back to see what might have happened. When we arrived nobody was at the front and I looked at the sheet with names and saw that next to my boyfriend's name was his number but instead of 401 was the Pittsburgh area code, 412. OK that's an honest mistake. Before I could say anything the waiter came back and said "I tried calling you several times. You didn't pick up, so you have to wait again" What? I told him that I noticed that he copied down the wrong number and that's why he couldn't reach us. No apology, nothing. He squinted his eyes at us as if my boyfriend was lying about being from RI or had forgotten and accidentally given a Pittsburgh number (or something...idk what he thought) and that we were just wandering around the Walnut street area NOT hungry and not waiting to be called. He didn't say anything, went to the back again, came back after a minute and without saying anything (thank god) gave us a table. Is that the way to treat hangry customers? No it is not. If I had been working I think I would have at least said something like "oh I'm sorry. I misheard you. let me check with my boss and we'll get you the first available table as soon as possible"

The rest of the staff was fine. I had eaten here once before another time and I didn't have problems except it was still loud and overpriced. Maybe I'm being to critical but it was a really upsetting experience for us.

Pros: Small portions (which I like but overpriced)

Cons: Expensive, loud atmosphere , rude staff

Savor the Flavors - Edit

Took my college and beyond kids to Eden last weekend on Sunday for brunch. The presentation of the food was beautiful and the flavors were wonderful. Between the 4 of us we ordered a combination of both cooked and raw dishes. Of course, we LOVED it all

Pros: Delicious WFPB food , Warm. comfortable environment, Attentive waitstaff

Great Food, But a Bit Pricey - Edit

Husband and I went here for our anniversary, and while expensive (the bill was about 75$ for 2 of us), for a special occasion this place definitely rocked! My omnivore hubby had a Mexico Bowl with organic chicken, and I had all raw vegan from appetizer to dessert (cashew brie plate, pasta ala vodka style sauce with crispy mushrooms and garlic bread, and lemon cheezecake with grapefruit sorbet) and WOW, the food was fantastic! My husband also had a smoothie that he thoroughly enjoyed. While I enjoyed the food, the bill was quite high at $75 for two of us and the raw vegan portions were small. They also have very limited hours.

Pros: Delicious food, Seasonal menu, Friendly staff

Cons: Pricey, Raw portions small, Limited hours

Not fully vegetarian, serves chicken - Edit

We went for dinner and were shocked to see a chicken option on the menu. Of course, we didn't have to get that, but we were under the impression that this was a vegetarian restaurant. Lots of places have many vegan and vegetarian options, but we sought this out because we thought it was vegetarian and our food would never come in contact with meat. Staff and atmosphere were nice and the menu did have many interesting vegan and vegetarian options.

Pros: Attractive, Pleasant, Friendly

Cons: Chicken on Menu

Raw food! - Edit

I absolutely love this place! It's a quint little hole-in-the-wall type place. I am thrilled that they offer raw options as I am interested in eating more raw foods, but I am not talented enough in the kitchen lol. I adore their nut cheese, it's delicious! Pretty much everything I've ever had there has been delicious (the only thing I can remember not liking so much was the raw lavender cake). I like that their menu changes with the season so there's always something new to try. I highly recommend this place!

Pros: Some of the best tasting vegan food, Raw options, Desserts!

Cons: Expensive, They serve chicken

LOVE! Healthy and Delicious! - Edit

Eden has an amazing menu filled with tons of options for vegans, raw vegans, vegetarians, and even non-veg heads. Their menu changes seasonally, so there's always something new to try! The food is very creative and unique! The decor is really eclectic! I LOVE their veggie burger for brunch! Their desserts are also fab (and ALL raw)! Definitely try this place if you love health food as much as I do! I am not really fond of the service there and their strange hours, but other than that it's amazing! Oh and almost forgot! The meat that they service is not even part of any of the dishes!!! They just give you the option to add tempeh, tofu, or chicken to your entree!

Pros: Excellent Food, Good Quality, Changing menu

Cons: not so great service, strange hours

terric for vegans and non vegans - Edit

Very yummy, raw menu section, plenty of vegan options. Sunday brunch has veg and non veg options. One of my favorite places to eat in Pittsburgh.

Pros: plenty of vegan options, friendly service, options for non vegeterians available

Among the great raw food places in the country! - Edit

I love Eden, and have enjoyed everything I ever got there. The raw sample menu is terrific and just $15. I must admit, it seems like pure silliness that they have the option to add chicken meat to their otherwise vegan dishes. I don't know if it really helps their business or not, and I would like this restaurant to survive, but I wish some more places in Pittsburgh would stick to their guns and just be entirely vegan. Still, this was my favorite place to eat out in Pittsburgh, and I went there relatively often when I lived in da burgh. Their raw food is better than any I've had in San Francisco, for instance. It's equal to what I've had in Las Vegas and LA. Their nachos are killer. The pesto ravioli was sublime in the summer (made from zucchini). The deserts are nice. I've made better raw desserts at home myself, but it's equal to any I've bought out anywhere. Love eating a ton of food but not feeling gross afterward! Raw food rocks! In Pittsburgh!
Updated from previous review on Sunday February 10, 2013

amazing! - Edit

i overlooked this place for too long, you must try the nachos..simply incredible. i would give it five cows if happy cow would let me.

Pros: delicious, full of flavor , healthy

Cons: a bit far for me

vegan yumminess! - Edit

having just moved to pittsburgh, i was pleasantly surprised to find a restaurant that specializes in raw, vegan food that is moderately priced and is definitely DELISH!!!
my husband and i split an appetizer of vegan goat cheese over locally grown peaches - wow!!! we ordered two entrees to share and both were so good that we couldn't stop gushing about them throughout the entire meal. trust me when i say that a visit to Eden is definitely worth it. there was a nice mix of people in the restaurant and the servers were fast and friendly. will be back many, many times!

Pros: affordable, delicious, raw and vegan friendly

Awesome raw vegan food - Edit

Came here for the first time the other day. I ordered their $15 sampler, which gets you every single raw vegan item on the menu. That means a 9 course meal: 3 appetizers, 3 main entrees, and 3 desserts (although you get a pretty small portion of each, it was still enough to fill me up).
It was some of the best food I've ever had, and I'm not even raw.

Wonderful! - Edit

Wow, a true five-cow experience! (if only happy cow allowed five for a meat-options establishment)

Tried this place tonight while visiting family in Pittsburgh and am so thoroughly impressed. Their menu is mostly vegan, a lot of raw items, but they also have one or two meat dishes. They are super allergy-friendly, meaning they will work with you to ensure a great dinner no matter your specific needs. And the server we had was so fantastic, very attentive and helpful and very very knowledgeable about food. All around awesome, so here's hoping he gets the tips he deserves for doing such a great job.

The menu changes seasonally as they get tons of locally-sourced veggies, so I'm hesitant to rave too much about the specifics. But oh they were so good! Two of us got the raw sampler option, which was three courses of small tastes, three items per course. So basically we each got to try 9 items, for only $15. Incredible. Very small portions, but very filling in the end. They do some great things with flavors in the raw dishes, like the secret miso-sauce topping the cauliflower "mashed potatoes," or the decadent raspberry "cheesecake." One of our dinner party got the tempeh mole--I finished off the sauce he left behind. So warming and full-flavored... yummm.

If you enjoy eating veg or raw in Pittsburgh, Eden is not to be missed. You can even bring along friends who require meat at each meal! Also to note: byob :)

Pros: excellent raw vegan options, allergy-friendly, excellent server

Cons: limited hours

Return to Pittsburgh Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Eden Pittsburgh closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3955 times since Jan 2011.