CLOSED: Edelkiosk

Contact +49-06947862404

Rhonstrasse 119, Frankfurt, Germany, 60385

The first vegan bakery cafe in Frankfurt, open Apr 2012. Offers pies, cupcakes, muffins, and cookies along with coffee, tea, and hot chocolate. Has sandwiches. Also sells some shirts and bags showing animal rights prints and literature on the topic; plus sweets like chocolate bars and gummi bears. Confirmed closed December 2016. Open Tue-Fri 10:00am-7:00pm, Sat-Sun 10:00am-6:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Western, Bakery, German

First Review by Andrea249

my favorit place - Edit

Edelkiosk is my favorit vegan place in Frankfurt. I like the cozy atmosphere there. I love to hang around there with a friend, drink some cappuccino with soymilk and a vegan cake. I was waiting for a place like this in Frankfurt!!

delicious cakes! - Edit

Go here - the coffee is really cozy and looks so nice and the two cakes we had were both really good, also I can recommend the hot chocolate :).
Updated from previous review on Saturday September 19, 2015

Pros: Nice decoration, Tasty food, Good prices

klein, vegan, sündig - Edit

kleines gemütliches, alternatives Café mit netten Sitzmöglichkeiten im Freien. Hier gibt es vornehmlich Süßes und davon auch eher die ungesunden Varianten, aber immerhin ist alles vegan. Freundliches Personal, Preis OK.

you have to hang out once in a while - Edit

Vibrant place, definitely more street than high fashion... A place that proofs that the vegan lifestyle does not necessarily represent a healthy lifestyle ;-)
So if you are looking forward to share some gossip while having coffee and something sweet, go ahead and visit Frankfurts first all vegan place!

Great cafe - Edit

Very friendly staff and nice to have a cake while sitting outside. The cakes are generally very tasty and even my non-vegan friends enjoy them! They also some vegan chocolate bars and cakes available change daily. Quite big selection of drinks as well.

Nearby Ostpark is good to walk away those calories again ;)

Pros: Very yummy cake, Great to sit outside and relax

Cons: Location is not very convinient

ok for indulging - Edit

Edel kiosk is a little out the centre, but is one of frankfurts only vegan cafes so probably worth the trip! For me not so much, i tried a chocolate chip cookie which was quite soft and american style which i like, but very salty and sugary. I tried some cake also which was a decent sized portion and quite chocolately which was quite nice. It would be nice to see some healthier ish alternatives on the menu, maybe less sugar n marg n more coconut oil and natural sweeteners :) anyways its not bad, if your looking for some US style vegan treats

Pros: reasonable priced, all vegan goodies, friendly service

Cons: not too healthy, cookies not tasty

Great brekky, cakes, muffins, coffee - Edit

Loved the Edelkiosk. The brekky was really simple - you just choose if you want a roll or bagel (spelt flour, homemade), choose some (mostly organic) toppings, and they bring it out very fast. Tried their homemade dip, which was delicious.

Also had a nut muffin and coffee - the best latte in Germany so far. And decent size. What's great are all the milk options: soy, rice, oat, hazelnut, almond, rice-coconut (if I remember this right). Absolutely recommend a visit if you're in Frankfurt!

Pros: Different milks, Best coffee, Sitting options outside

Yummy - Edit

We went one Sunday afternoon and were positively surprised to have chocolate muffins straight from the oven and some really good hot chocolate. The atmosphere is light and cool, but still cosy. Given that the place is small we were happy to sit outside in the sunshine. We'll be back!

Pros: inviting atmosphere, yummy food, quite affordable

Cons: be early or nothing is left

Cool Cafe! - Edit

I went there in hot summer day. And they have iced coffee! It's rare in germany. I could choose milk from soy, almond or rice.
I love the cool decor of this cafe. Cozy sofa and couch with free Wi-Fi made me to stay there for long time.
I expected to have some vegan pastry like cupcake or cheese cake as I saw in their website. But when I went, there was only chocolate muffin and soft cookie with berries. I had a soft cookie and it was very good! I would go there again when they have other cakes.

Pros: Atmosphere, Variety of non dairy milk

Cons: limited pastry

Noble - Edit

Every time I'm going to Frankfurt I take a short trip to the Edelkiosk.
I really love the hot chocolate and the cakes. Especially everything with blueberries and coconut

Pros: Cakes and cupcakes, Hot chocolate and coffee, Ice cream

Cons: Atmosphere

Noble? - Edit

When I hear "Edelkiosk" I think of a noble kiosk / cafe. But furniture that has seen better days, no real possibilities to sit on a table and eat his / her dry and hard cake and an unpolite service is anything but noble. Sorry...

Pros: it's vegan

Cons: unpolite service, dry & hard cake, uncomfortable seating

Delicious, and awesome atmoshpere! - Edit

If you're anywhere near Frankfurt, and are vegan or not, go here and get a cupcake now! They are huge so bring your appetite. I tried a poppyseed one and another marzipan, both delicious. I love this atmosphere of this place, I meant to just swing by but got hooked by the comfy couches and all the lovely people in there for nearly 3hrs. It's easy to get to right between 2 stops on the U

Pros: atmosphere/couches, yummy food, bathroom decor

People in Frankfurt are lucky to have this place - Edit

I was in Frankfurt for a soccer game and then had to fly home. I had only two hours to spend between the game and the flight. I decided to spend them on visiting Edel Kiosk. It was worth every minute.

The chocolate cupcake with Banana was the best desert I have eaten in my trip to Germany, and the hot cacao was as good as hot cacao can be (and it can be very good). I also tried the quince cake, although I didn't even recognize the fruit. It was good and refreshing.

After two cakes and a cacao I decided I couldn't eat more, although I really wanted more. I will probably regret this decision forever. It was only yesterday, but I already miss the chocolate cupcake. I also miss the nice people and especially the nice little dog who was there, although I don't know if he is a regular there.

Even though it was my first and only day in Frankfurt, it was surprisingly easy to find the place, and it's few minutes walk from the 'Habsburgerallee' u-bahn station.

Pros: Delicious cakes, Friendly people

Outrageously delicious! :o) - Edit

Went to the Edelkiosk fpr the first time after having read so much about it. As I live pretty far away I had to wait until I was in Frankfurt for another reason.
The place is a bit remote, but once you're there you don't want to leave again. Nice and homey atmosphere, with a couple of 70s style sofas. You can enjoy a daily changing small selection of extremely delicious vegan cupcakes and cakes. To die for!
During weekdays you also get some savory treats.
We took home some more cakes and cupcakes to enjoy the following days.
This place is a BIG recommendation!

Vegan Bakery! - Edit

Yummy cup cakes and trifle cake slices. Soy milk available for hot drinks. Bit out of the way (near the zoo) but when you need a vegan cake.. you need a vegan cake! Note that it gets busy on the weekends (no seats) and savoury options are only available during the week. Very friendly english speaking staff. Recommended to take the short tram ride to the zoo and walk 10 mins up the road.

Pros: vegan bakery, friendly staff, cosy louge atmosphere

Cons: no savoury options on weekends

great cafe - Edit

Finally, a vegan Cafe in Frankfurt! I got so exited when I found out, that Edelkios is opening!
The staff is extremely nice
It is located in Ostend where I never go, unless I'm planning on visiting the Edelkiosk, so that's a bit inconvenient.
but the food there is absolutely amazing!
Definitely try their supcakes, they are great, as are their cakes.
It is a bit expensive, a piece of cake or a cupcake cost 2.50 euros, which eventhough once you eat it you totally forget about the money, but still...
the area is a bit dodgy, but the cefe itself is furnished very well and i really enjoy the atmosphere.
I you ever are in Frankfurt, I would definitely recommend making a detour to the Edelkiosk!

Pros: amazing food, great atmosphere, very friendly staff

Cons: location, pretty pricy

Return to Frankfurt Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Edelkiosk closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 6060 times since Mar 2012.