CLOSED: Edd's CookHouse - Food Truck

534, Ying Cai Rd, West District, Taichung, Taiwan, 406

Vegan food truck parked at Caowu Square, at 西區英才路534號, as of autumn 2017. Offers western style food like burritos, sandwiches, nachos, cookies, and cinnamon rolls. Check its webpage for updates. Confirmed closed, Jan 2018.

Categories: Vegan, American, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by AndrewN

Nice - Edit

Although the cooks are very nice and friendly, I thought the food lacked seasonning, it was good and filling but a little plain and could benefit from at least salt and pepper.

EDIT : Changed to "Needs Improvement" because of the inappropriate answer : they need to learn how to handle honest reviews without being paranoid

Updated from previous review on 2018-01-01

Pros: Original food, Fast , Filling

Cons: Not a lot of space to sit, Taste a little plain, Agressive cook

5 Responses

EddBlack 02 Jan 2018 - Hello Bei Rei Ming,

Even though we both know you have never visited my truck or tried any of my foods and are following me around trolling me, could you please tell us what day you stopped in and what you ordered? We are curious what item you ate that contained no salt and pepper.

Edd Black

Clamp 02 Jan 2018 - First, who is Bei Rei Ming ?
And second, wow...I guess I should delete the friendly and nice part.
No I don't "follow you around to troll you", I have better things to do believe it or not.
I did come to your truck on November 1st 2017, with my boyfriend and we shared a burrito and the soup of the day, which your wife recommended, we had a good time, but really thought the food lacked seasonning, I don't know what is so bad about that and I never said it wasn't good... but thanks to your comment, I definitly won't come back and will not recommend it to others.
I don't feel like my comment was mean. If you can't handle reviews, maybe don't sign up on those kind of websites.

Avatar EddBlack

EddBlack 03 Jan 2018 - I find it very coincidental that you just started a Happy Cow account the same exact day Bei Rie Ming harassed us on Facebook. One might think you created the account just to lash out on me for personal reasons.

If you did come to my truck, you would notice that we have a complimentary spice rack right in front of where people sit that contains not only salt and pepper, but my own special pepper relish that is very spicy and tasty.

I reported this review as a discriminating review from a fake account. If you have a personal problem with me, take it up with me personally instead of trying to hurt my business which my wife and son are a part of.

What kind of person does things like this?

Clamp 03 Jan 2018 - One might need to calm down.
I do have pictures of that night, I wonder how you would dismiss that.

Report whatever you want, at some point people will notice you make a selection of the comment you get.

I will stop answering now, there is no need to talk with someone like you.

Avatar EddBlack

EddBlack 03 Jan 2018 - Yes, please post your photos of the food that contained no salt, pepper or any other spices.

Help me when I can't find any halal foods - Edit

When we bored with Halal foods in Taiwan, because mostly Middle Eastern foods & noodles soups. We found this gem. The food is delicious, the owners so humble and cheeeful. We definitely recommend Edd's place, not just for vegan & vegetarian, but also for Muslims.

Cons: Only open at Saturday & Sunday

Best Food Truck in Taichung - Edit

The food at Edd’s CookHouse is amazing. They make everything from burritos to nachos to sloppy joes with mac and cheese to a variety of desserts. The prices are reasonable, the service is fast, and the owners are friendly. I visit at least once a week and it’s still fantastic

Pros: Good food, Quick service, Friendly staff

Yum! - Edit

Super yummy food, large portions, VERY filling. Prices comparable to mid range sit down restaurant here in Taiwan. Seating is limited and depending on what time you go might have to wait 15 min or longer. Owner is super friendly and chatty while cooking your food. Will definitely go again!

Pros: Good food, large portions

Cons: limited seating, long wait time for a food truck

Awesome food truck, period. - Edit

The vegan food is fantastic. But I want to say really the FOOD is fantastic. You don't have to be vegan or vegetarian to love it, and the baked goods are incredible. Come by for comfort food - the veggie dogs, the burritos, the mac and cheese - and stay for the cookies, the cinnamon rolls - and even bring your dog for a dog :)

Updated from previous review on 2017-11-11

Pros: delicous, vegan, family-owned

Cons: limited weekly menu

Gotta get those Cinnamon Rolls - Edit

Edd and his family run a vegan truck and are always updating and changing their foods to keep it interesting and fun. Their mission is to make vegan food as authentic and delicious as possible and have a lot of fun serving it up to you. Edd is renown for his sauces - unique and flavorsome, and in many cases better than original/non-veg sauces Hope you choose a day that allows you to try the delicious Cinnamon rolls made by the lady of the business fondly known as Rice Bug. They are great. Don't expect to leave hungry.

Pros: 100% vegan without a doubt, Very much home-hand-made everything, Eat the food and laugh at the antics

Cons: Varying menu, so favs not always avail, Only one truck and one team.....more more more

Return to Taichung Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Edd's CookHouse - Food Truck closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.