First Review by Heatherisobel

Different than I expected - Edit

Ecoterra is more of a pharmacy/vitamin shop. There was a small selection of packaged foods, but they were overpriced and the shop is very small. There used to be food served on the other side of the shop, but that apparently stopped awhile back. This is not a place to find food when you have wasted your time down the street at Loving Hut in Claremont and are ready to gnaw your arm off. However, they said they will be opening a salad bar soon so that's a plus.

Great soup! - Edit

We stopped here on our way to Palm Springs from LA during a week long back and forth absolutely starving. All the food is prepared during the day and stocked in open fridge area in front of the register. We didn't find anything oil free, but luckily the chef was still around when we spotted the soups and had the most amazing tomato veggie soup with brown rice. The store is very nice and has a herbal pharmacy that seems pretty top notch.

Pros: hot soups!, nice place

Cons: small

Inland Empire goodness at westside prices - Edit

Don't get me wrong. This store has some nice selections, boutique brands, and pocket finds that are difficult to find, but I've seen better. Plus, they are charging top-end prices, a la West L.A. boutiques. I believe this store is giving the local consumer far too much credit for having enough money to shop here. There are other, cheaper organic and veg/veg alternatives within reasonable distance. One should consider hitting up Sprouts, or Vitamin City in San Dimas.

Pros: nice products

Cons: price, price, price

Amazing, amazing, and did I mention amazing? - Edit

This place has raw, vegan, organic, hard to find ingredients. Its perfect for holistic healers as it has a full on pharmacy with just vitamins and supplements. I've never been in such a health food-foodie heaven. They also have great organic beauty products! Oh and the best sushi :) (of course theres vegan options) Right now its small and they plan on growing, but believe me the few items they do carry are a concentration of goodness! Please go here, I would love to keep this place around :) Theres also a juice bar for fresh made green juices that I haven't tried yet. If you get hungry while browsing they have an excellent pre-made dish refrigerator before you get to the register. I cannot praise this place enough! If you are crazy about health and nutrition like I am, you might just fall in love--ecoterra fan #1

Pros: hard to find ingredients, pretty good value, great products

Cons: small store, they wenrnt carring baby coconuts last , sushi closed at early hours

Return to Claremont Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ecoterra closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1938 times since Mar 2008.