Ecodemia

+996-555439881

429b Frunzye St, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, 720011

Vegetarian restaurant serving Ayurvedic food in the Dostuk Hotel. Serves a wide selection of raw and clearly labeled vegan food. Call for hours.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, International, Raw, Western, Juice bar, Asian

First Review by VegMikel

perfect place - Edit

perfect place! everything was very tasty and healthy. nice atmosphere. unique interior. menu in English.

Best vegan place in Bishkek - Edit

Fantastic modern place with great atmosphere. They can provide an English menu and many dishes are labeled vegan. However many of the dishes with the label vegan have cheese or cream in it and you have to specifically ask to get the vegan version of the dish.
I had some fantastic food and tea there and will go there a few more times during my stay.
Enjoy warm tea with Kyrgyz honey or bread with delicious home-made humus with your meal.
The restaurant is a bit hidden inside a hotel but its highly recommended.

Pros: Great atmosphere and modern interior, Delicious vegan and vegetarian food

Cons: Vegan labelling confusing

Green gem in a city of meat - Edit

My son found this place on line. I was sceptical when I saw the building it was in, an old run down soviet looking hotel, but once we entered the cafe, it was like being in London or Dubai, an extremely bright and pleasant place with a friendly vibe and amazing food. They also sell food/health products and offer yoga classes. Extremely good value for money.

Pros: sprouted salad, vegan fish in thai sauce, seitan w

Cons: apple cake, hummus

Best veggie find in Bishkek - Edit

We were desperate to find some good vegetarian food during our short stay in Bishkek and boy did we luck out with Ecodemia!
Unfortunately it was shut when we tried to go for dinner around 9:15pm but we decided to go for lunch the next day. It was a little hard to find but is on the first floor of the Dostuk hotel.
The restaurant is a completely different style and environment to the hotel it is situated in (thankfully!) and is akin to a green oasis!

The menu is very extensive having a range of vegan dishes in addition to smoothies and juices. We had a few salads including the sprouted sala d and (vegan) fish (nori wrapped tofu) salad which were delicious along with some dehydrated vegetables with sun dried tomato dip and some hot dishes - the local Lagman being my favourite.

The only disappointment was the hummus which taste nothing like any i’d had before - maybe it was raw? Also the raspberry (and other things) smoothie was very fibrous and a bit difficult to finish.

All in all we had an absolutely lovely lunch at Ecodemia all for less than 450 som per person (including service). I would certainly recommend this place to any vegetarian/vegan visiting Bishkek!

Pros: Fantastic value, Tasty food, Comfortable environment

Cons: Hummus

Return to Bishkek Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ecodemia closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.