CLOSED: Eco-Goddess

Contact 970-963-7316

335 Main St (at N 4th St), Carbondale, Colorado, USA, 81623

Serves meat, vegan options available. All veg except for fish. Menu is 95% organic including their bar. Gluten-free options. Relaxed atmosphere with paintings of gods and goddesses, plants, and a colorful mural. Has Wi-Fi. Previously named Eco-Goddess Edibles. Reported closed to HappyCow.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Redheaded Vegan

Organic Heaven - Edit

A little slice of organic heaven in a quite mountain town, Eco-Goddess was the perfect choice for Sunday brunch for my husband and me. I'm a vegan, he's an eat-anything-atarian and we both LOVED this place. It's a quaint, small town restaurant with 7 tables and a small bar, but it's not at all cramped - on the contrary it is bright and open with charming decor including this fantastic burlap coffee bag canopy over the bar. Our waitress was lovely and worked the room with ease and charm. The food was to die for. All of their dishes are named after gods and goddesses, and I think their namesakes would approve. I had the Loki, which was a plate of spinach and potatoes with the most amazing vegan gravy, as well as tempeh "sausage" links and crunch, hearty, whole grain toast (and they even had some vegan butter for me!). My husband had an egg and salmon dish that he loved. We both ordered coffee, which was served in individual coffee presses with these great little earthenware mugs. He ended up ordering their organic margarita out of curiosity and raved about it. I even had a sip, though I'm not generally a fan because they are way too sweet for me. I have to say, this one lacked the syrupy flavor that usually goes hand in hand with that drink. We took some dessert to go which we ate at a picnic table in a neighboring town several hours later and loved. He had a carrot cake cupcake which he said was decadent and I had a slice of vegan chocolate cake which was rich, chocolatey, and incredibly moist, but not too sugary. You could tell this was made with love and some fresh ingredients. As if the place didn't have enough going for it, they get the majority of their products from local providors and it's all organic. We were staying in the neighboring town of Glenwood Springs, and it was so worth the trip. It's also not super far from Aspen or Vail and the ride there is beautiful. I would rate it 5 cows if I could, but since they do serve some meat, too, happycow won't let me. Highly recommended!

Pros: AMAZING food, Great staff, Wonderful atmosphere

Cons: Not open for dinner on weekends

Return to Carbondale Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Eco-Goddess closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 194 times since Aug 2010.