First Review by estefinparis

Fantastic - Edit

I went the whole way just for the place in Petrivka. the buffet is set a bit off Moskovskji prospect but could be found , they have signs painted on the path! the buffet is at the first floor and is quite small, they have wooden tables and almost no window has a real view (and the view would be on the highway anyways). the vegan choices are displayed on the menu above the counter as in a fast food chain, V is for vegan dishes, they had 2 desserts which were vegan , one is called Himalaya mountain and consists of a base made of a cookie covered with orange marmalade and prunes and on top a mountain of whipped soy cream and nuts on top! delicious! One girl of the stuff could speak english. I've found no wi-fi.
really good and definitely cheap!

Pros: spoke english, delious, in depressing neighborhood

Cons: none

Nice place - Edit

Easy too reach near petrivka metro station. Wide range of vegan food. Verry cheap and with free wifi!

Pros: Cheap, Lots of options

Cons: Only 2 vegan desserts, No english menu

Gooood! - Edit

I really enjoyed the food there as a vegan. Especially some sort of salad with seaweed was excellent!!, a dish with tofu and seitan was good too, and I must commend raw vegan balls!:)) You can find vegan dishes on a menu easily with v-sign, though some local vegan can give you advice about what exactly certain dish contains and what would she suggests, etc (I had luck with that:)). There would have to be more places like that in Ukraine!

Pros: good food, vegan + raw friendly, cheap

Eco Buffet - inexpensive and vegan-friendly - Edit

I have been there a lot of times.
The place is rather small, but cosy, with a decent variety of yummy vegan things in menu, which is 50% vegan, so if you are vegan - its a great place to eat at.
Food is always well-cooked and fresh, and the personnel are eager to help with the menu.

Prices are really cheap... Also there is the wi-fi zone and food delivery service.
Definitely worth to check!

Pros: great food, low prices, no smoking, understanding staff

Cons: small territory, sometimes crowded

Good pastries - Edit

Popped in here on a Sunday evening, only to discover they were about to close. None of the staff speak English and they don't have an English menu, but another customer was very helpful and translated for us.

The menu was quite vast and very reasonably priced and there seemed to be a range of vegan options. We got several different pastries- some with seitan, some with just vegetable and some that were sweet- to take away. They were all delicious and filling.

Eco Buffet is upstairs, but was easy to find if you follow the signs on the pathway once you cross the main road from the train station. I am disappointed we didn't get a chance to eat-in.

Pros: good food, cheap

Cons: No English

The best place for vegans in Kyiv. - Edit

Though this cafe positions oneself as Vegeterian, they are really Vegan as they use vegan cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, milk ect.

Pros: Vegan friendly., Nice interior and staff., Good choice.

Cons: Location., Crowded.

Veg oasis in Kiev - Edit

After a few difficult experiences communicating our vegetarianism in English/Russian in regular Kiev restaurants, we decided we had to give Eco Buffet a try. Easily accessible by metro (Petrovka station, which you can get to from Maidan Nezalezhnosti) we were so happy we took the trouble to get out of the tourist area for Eco Buffet. It is a very new restaurant, with enthusiastic and helpful staff (no problem catering for vegans) and a simple but tasty menu of soups, salads, juices, samosas... One of the people working there spoke English, which made everything a lot easier as the menu is, for now at least, exclusively in Ukrainian. The meatless balls with tomato sauce were the best I've ever had. For under 9 euros we had a full meal, including two fresh juices and dessert. I would definitely recommend this to travelers in Kiev - worth the trip!

Return to Kiev Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Eco Buffet - Moskovs'kyi closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2441 times since Oct 2010.