CLOSED: Eco-bar D'ivan

• Vegetarian

Nigniy Susalniy 5, building 9, Moscow, Russia,

Vegetarian cafe offering vegan as well raw food options. Colorful, amusing decor. It's a place for locals to practice foreign languages ​​with native speakers and professionals. JUL 2016 CLOSED FOR RENOVATIONS - LET HAPPYCOW KNOW IF/WHEN IT REOPENS.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, International, Western, Russian

First Review by jasonkb

Cozy Vegetarian Cafe - Edit

It’s a cordial place which feels like home. Nice and comfy design, friendly atmosphere, two cats living there. This is mainly a vegetarian noodle cafe, so they offer a variety of wheat and buckwheat noodles as well as soups, salads, sandwiches and desserts. The menu of drinks is impressive: various raw smoothies, milkshakes, fresh-pressed juices, herbal tea, coffee. Vegan dishes are marked with the V icon, while raw dishes are marked with the icon of a green leaf. No English menus though.
The location is very tricky, not easy to find if you don't speak Russian.
As a local I was visiting this place a lot, it was my favorite at the beginning, but unfortunately, the quality of food is much worse now.

Pros: Design, Coziness , Prices

Cons: Location, Taste of food

Very trendy. - Edit

I loved this place, and came here a few times while I was in Moscow. As they only had a Russian menu, we used the wifi in the restaurant to go to their website and translate the menu into English. The staff also spoke great English and were happy to go through the menu with us.

In our visits there we ended up ordering a few of the salads, a toasted wrap with tofu instead of cheese, a steak wrap, falafel and a rice dish. The best of these were the steak wrap and the rice, which were both unreal. Everything else was a bit plain, especially the salads. We also had a few of the desserts, including a few types of cookies and a chocolate cake, which was awesome. After we'd already eaten we saw someone else eating a noodle dish and it looked amazing!

Even though not all of the food was great, the overall vibe of this place is what makes it stand out. It's very cosy, friendly and welcoming. They also have a really cute cat!

Pros: They have a cat, Staff are really nice, Desserts were all vegan

Cons: Salad is a bit plain

Disappointing - Edit

I decided to try this place but I was disappointed the instant I walked in. The first thing you bump into is a bunch of shoes spread all around. It looks like someone's messy home rather than a restaurant. There was a single table inside which was taken by someone who actually works there. It's an unwelcoming place in general. Beware!

Pros: None

Cons: Not easily accessible, Unhelpful staff, Small and uncomfortable

Amazing - Edit

Amazing vibe. Very Russian, very young, very hip, very attractive. Russian-only menu but the owners speak okay English. I had a Russian-style thin bread folded around lentils and carrot cake. Both very good. Their specialty is apparently noodles and I will go back for that!

Return to Moscow Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Eco-bar D'ivan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1663 times since Jun 2013.