Echye Restaurant

• Veg-friendly
Contact 61610029

401 Albany Hwy, Victoria Park, Perth, Western Australia, 6100

Serves meat, vegan options available. Similar to Ethiopian food, the menu here includes some vegan-vegetarian suitable dishes made ingredients like potatoes, veggies, and lentils.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Take-out, Eritrean, African, BYOB, Non-veg

First Review by Cynthia1998

Great Experience - Edit

The food here was great and seemed really authentic. There is a whole vegan section with about 9 dishes to choose from, and there is the option of vegan platters. We had a variety of dishes and enjoyed all of them. The staff were lovely and we had a great time. The price was reasonable.

Pros: Tasty, authentic Eritrean food, Large vegan section, Great staff and atmosphere

Cons: Some foods are an acquired taste

Delish food with many vegan options - Edit

My girlfriend and I had the vegetarian platter, which is also Vegan and allowed us the choice of 5 vegan dishes from a menu which had several more options. It wasn't huge, but certainly filling thanks largely to the bread that it is served on. I was quite impressed with the flavour, as I have never eaten this food style before.

Didn't see a vegan options for dessert, but I didn't feel like it anyway since I was quite full from the meal.

While we were waiting, you could smell smoke from the traditional coffee roasting, which was walked around for the patrons to see. I liked it, but I know some people hate the smell of coffee.

The food is shared with the table and you typically use your right hand to eat. You break some bread off, fold some lentils or veggies in it, then chow down. Recommended and will definitely return!

Pros: Vegan, Good Value, Friendly Staff

Cons: No vegan dessert, Smell of coffee roasting

Beautiful food, beautiful people - Edit

What a great find! The restaurant looks great, efficient and great service and the food is simply divine! Half of the menu is naturally vegan and what I had is recommended! I went with my mother and had a mixture of the 6 vegan/vegetarian meals which was served with their traditional and delicious 'bread' or 'pancake'. I will definitely be going back. The restaurant is quite new and does good business. The food is basically Ethiopian, some dishes, like the ground chickpea sauce is very very spicy! The price is also very cheap for what you get served, and is situated in a great area. Please if you are in the area, visit this restaurant! You won't regret it!

Pros: Delicious food, Half of the menu was vegan, Great service and interior

Return to Perth Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Echye Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1820 times since Jan 2013.