First Review by

Great Selection - Edit

Was taken to this shop several years ago. Don't know why it took me so long to get back. Plan on going more frequently. Great selection of bulk grains. Prices are reasonable. Bought a large bag of raw organic almond to make almond milk. Carries alot of Organic food stuffs. Also a nice selection of vegan cheeses. Small selection of Lotions,shampoos etc... I agree about an earlier comment on the produce but since we are now in the nicer weather they were selling produce in front of the store.

Pros: Good selection, Great prices, Nice family run store

Cons: Hours

Saves money - Edit

I shop here weekly. Almond milk and soy milk are a dollar cheaper then in the grocery store. You can bulk buy things and special order items also. I have bought cases of green bars, so much cheaper then buying them at chain stores. Spices here are fresh. Pretty much everything is because this is a busy place.
It is not a health food store in the traditional sense, it is a country store. It is Amish run and caters to their tastes. Meaning They also have bulk candy and candy making items. They have many hard to find items for special diets, such as gluten-free, dairy-free diet, and sugar substitutes. Many organic items at affordable prices. Fell free to ask me about this place. It really is amazing how cheap the place is.
Well worth the drive.

Pros: will do special orders, inespensive, good choices

Cons: short hours, closed sunday

Best for bulk! - Edit

I'm surprised this little Mennonite country store is even on this website, but here it is! I've been shopping at Echo Hill for many years - it has (almost) everything you could need. Everything from organic chocolate chips to cereal to bulk packages of oatmeal and cereal to natural soaps and toothpaste are available for very reasonable prices. They have a nice refrigerated section which offers tempeh, soy cheese, soy deli meats and more. They also have a great selection of Rudi's Organic Bakery bread ... the best bread in the world! My only complaint is that they don't offer produce - it would definitely save me some time if they did. Oh well, I still shop here every week.

Pros: great prices, small and friendly, great selection

Cons: no produce

Return to Fleetwood Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Echo Hill Country Store closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5227 times since Aug 2007.