Eatin Vegan Cafe

+1-810-282-6392

8603 D Miller Rd (at Seymour), Swartz Creek, Michigan, USA, 48473

All vegan and almost all gluten free cafe uses organic ingredients as much as possible. All items are freshly made-in-house daily. Uses coconut sugar and other non refined sugar alternatives in baked goods. Does not sell sodas or other drinks that contain high fructose syrups. Open Mon-Sat 12:00pm-7:00pm. Closed Sun.

Categories: Vegan, American, Organic, Take-out, Gluten-free

First Review by pofpar

the cook needs to take a vegan cooking class - Edit

Finally tried the food, Kale quinoa salad very bland. The dressings choices are terrible. Black bean burger was over cooked and salty. Broccoli soup had no flavor. The owner is argumentative. The owner needs to visit a real vegan restaurant and see how good vegan food is prepared.

Pros: none

Cons: food is very bland.

Eatin Vegan - Edit

I was vegetarian long ago so im familliar with the foods... This place is reminding me how good food can taste and what a pleasure it can be. If your looking for a change in life style and better health, i advise you strongly give it a try.

Pros: Fast service, Friendly faces, Prompt service

Cons: Limited space., Hours of operation could be open more., No background music.

Owner was rude, food wasn't great - Edit

My coworker and I heard about a new vegan place close by and were very excited. She eats vegetarian and I try to eat most of my meals vegan. We got to the restaurant and the were not greeted by anyone, even though the owner was in the front of the restaurant.

The menu left a lot to be desired. There was a few staples and a rotating special. The rotating special of the day was pasta salad. There were maybe four salads, two wraps, a black bean "burger", and a few soups.

I ordered their Santa Fe wrap with avocado spread, lettuce, quinoa, cucumbers and tomato in a wrap of my choice and lentil soup. The gentleman taking my order asked what type of wrap I wanted. I asked him what my choices where and he explained them to me. The owner then made sure to point out to both him and I that there was a list of choices in front of the cash register.

My coworker order a black bean "burger" and a black cherry chocolate cake. She asked if the cake was vegan - a question which was abruptly answered with "vegan AND gluten free!" by the owner. Jesting a bit, she then asked if their Turkey and Cheese wrap was vegan, to which the owner replied "Did you see the sign outside? We are called 'Eatin' Vegan', so everything in here is vegan!"

The owner then went on a long rant about how vegans are treated badly and that she makes sure to call her lentil loaf "meatloaf" because she believes that calling it meatloaf will change the mind of someone who thinks that vegan food is all fake food. She also discussed how vegans should be called special and wear a capital "S" on their shirt for Superhero because they are saving the earth.

About this point, a customer joined her tirade and asked her why vegans called back bean burger patties "burger" because they aren't made of meat and that maybe vegans should have their own terms for food. This made her angrier. The customer tied in the different meaning of words, such as when Brits use the word f**got to mean cigarette. Then the owner stated that the n-word in the American English dictionary is defined as "a stupid or dumb person" and is not defined as a derogatory word.

Now that we have that backstory, we can discuss the food. My coworkers black bean patty was burnt and chewy at the same time. Her cake left little to be desired. My wrap was fine, but just fine and my soup was decent.

Eatin' Vegan: come for the rude owner, stay for the mediocre food.

Pros: Food is vegan

Cons: Rude owner, Bad food, Borderline racist conversations

Brand New family owned and run restaurant!!! - Edit

Very new business, opened Dec. 18, 2017. We were very impressed! They have amazing food, 100% vegan and gluten free too; no refined sugars used in baked goods only things like coconut sugar, date sugar etc.. The owners are so very down to earth and friendly, we loved talking with them. The prices are very affordable! This is my new fave restaurant to frequent!

Pros: 100% vegan, gluten free, no refined sugars used,, excellent food, very affordable prices, friendly, , food made fresh daily, organic

Cons: limited seating

Return to Swartz Creek Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Eatin Vegan Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2016 times.